The Official Sparky Thread

Old May 26th 2008, 4:56 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Official Sparky Thread

The shopfitters working on site with my OH was fed up with the lip his apprentice was giving them, so they stapled him to a big piece of MDF carried it outside and proped him up against the front of the shop opposite the hairdressers where the apprentice had pulled a girl the night before. They left him there for half an hour while they had their tea break.
Old May 26th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Laights
The shopfitters working on site with my OH was fed up with the lip his apprentice was giving them, so they stapled him to a big piece of MDF carried it outside and proped him up against the front of the shop opposite the hairdressers where the apprentice had pulled a girl the night before. They left him there for half an hour while they had their tea break.
ha ha

genius! any photos?

The youth working with me has his birthday on thursday so needing some ideas to stich him up

any suggestions?

doc
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Hi all,

Just an update, we applied for state sponsorship while we were in Perth and have had confirmation that we have been successful and can now apply for the 176 visa the processing time for that is currently 6-8 months, so hopefully we will be out there early next year by the time everything is sorted and notice at work etc has been given!!

How is everyone else getting on?

Keep smiling!!

Mel
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by melbert
Hi all,

Just an update, we applied for state sponsorship while we were in Perth and have had confirmation that we have been successful and can now apply for the 176 visa the processing time for that is currently 6-8 months, so hopefully we will be out there early next year by the time everything is sorted and notice at work etc has been given!!

How is everyone else getting on?

Keep smiling!!

Mel
Nice work Mel

Should have done that myself as i want to be up north from perth no where near the CBD

oh well!

Keep us posted

doc
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Got visa app in, done meds and pcc.

Having jitters all week end............can I cope with this, told OH I don't wanna go now.

Stop writing now please Rebecca.......I'll be fine.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Becky723359
Got visa app in, done meds and pcc.

Having jitters all week end............can I cope with this, told OH I don't wanna go now.

Stop writing now please Rebecca.......I'll be fine.
of course it will be fine!

Think of the nice weather, the beaches, the sea breeze, the barbq's and the new exciting oppurtunitiese that are going to be there waiting for you

doc
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

my apprentice at work

unlucky

doc
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Thanks guys!!

Becky, don't worry too much, we all feel the same but if we all have to suffer the rat race somewhere, why not enjoy the surroundings and fab weather!! It's winter here in Oz and in Perth it's been sunny and 22 degrees, Brisbane etc warmer! Although we've suffered heavy rain in Sydney and Queensland has had floods, but it's not the freezing temps like at home!!

Want to go to Perth without a doubt. We've gathered loads of info while we've been here from supermarket prices, newspapers to the cost of running a household and buying houses!! If anyone wants to ask anything then feel free and we'll try to help.

We feel much better about it all after spending nearly a month here, we want to fly back to Perth and not pass the UK!!!!!

Good luck everyone!!

Mel

Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by docgp
Nice work Mel

Should have done that myself as i want to be up north from perth no where near the CBD

oh well!

Keep us posted

doc
Even in the CBD it's much quieter than other places (i.e London, Sydney), the suburbs just north are really lovely and quiet too, most places are only about 5 - 10 minutes drive from the beach, it's only further east that you're a bit more of a drive away!

Mel
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi all we had a successful sponsorship also like Mel, we are applying this week for our 176 visa to Perth we are also hoping to go over in September for a holiday, OH wants to see what we are letting ourselves into, I am really excited but also very anxious, hope everyone elses is going ok.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melbert
Even in the CBD it's much quieter than other places (i.e London, Sydney), the suburbs just north are really lovely and quiet too, most places are only about 5 - 10 minutes drive from the beach, it's only further east that you're a bit more of a drive away!

Mel
all ive done since the beginning of the year is look into places to live, mainly north of perth

the reason?

Diving! Ninhgaloo reef is just screaming at me!!

But we will see where i end up! Im not really a city guy.

Doc
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

Yeah Ningalo reef is ace, i swam with sharks and manta rays there just missed out on the whale sharks by 4 weeks i was gutted. Monkey Mia's brill aswell with the wild dolphins only problem its in Sharks Bay!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonny83
Yeah Ningalo reef is ace, i swam with sharks and manta rays there just missed out on the whale sharks by 4 weeks i was gutted. Monkey Mia's brill aswell with the wild dolphins only problem its in Sharks Bay!!!!!
All time dream is to dive with great whites!

Fell in love with diving in Thailand, and always doing it on holidays

But a great white just feet away would be so freeking awesome!!

The whale sharks looks good to, infact anything like that would draw me to the water

doc
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

And if you're not quite brave enough to take a dip with them, whale watching in June/July and September/October is the thing to do!!!

Anywhere's good with me anyway, just some lovely sun!!!!

Mel

Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:30 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
all ive done since the beginning of the year is look into places to live, mainly north of perth

the reason?

Diving! Ninhgaloo reef is just screaming at me!!

But we will see where i end up! Im not really a city guy.

Doc
its good over this side too
http://www.divingthegoldcoast.com.au/