The Official Sparky Thread

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Sparky Thread

Originally Posted by docgp
Robbed this idea of scuba steve but hey,

Ok, just want to know whos going, where they're going and how far are their visa have got,

Post anything you like, sparky related

Doc
Hi all

My OH (Carl) is doing his practical on the 7th, we then are going for 176 sponsored and hopefully this time next year sitting on a beach in Brisbane!!

Ang
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

am i right in saying that next weeks practical is the first time it has been done?

anyh one confirm this?

doc
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

Hello,
sent the paperwork off to vetassess last friday and hoping to get on the june practicals. We havent made up our minds yet as to where to go but it's between Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide.
hope to be there realisticly in 18 months.
Adam.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:39 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

am i right in saying that next weeks practical is the first time it has been done?

anyh one confirm this?

doc
yep. Thats why we are waiting to hear from you all.

OH is dreading the DOL stuff as he hasnt done it since college, and even then that was only once.

He just wants to know how much of the test is on it. Roughly. but he will be doing the one in July i think.

everything else he's confident with.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
yep. Thats why we are waiting to hear from you all.

OH is dreading the DOL stuff as he hasnt done it since college, and even then that was only once.

He just wants to know how much of the test is on it. Roughly. but he will be doing the one in July i think.

everything else he's confident with.
ive been told to take an insulation resistance tester only so we cant be doing that mch testing.

as for the DOL starter wiring, we are given a wiring diagram

there is a good thread on here with DOL drawings and other useful information, called practical theory, youll have to search for it.

if you need anymore technical information just ask and i can send some stuff through

doc
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:53 pm

ive been told to take an insulation resistance tester only so we cant be doing that mch testing.

as for the DOL starter wiring, we are given a wiring diagram

there is a good thread on here with DOL drawings and other useful information, called practical theory, youll have to search for it.

if you need anymore technical information just ask and i can send some stuff through

doc
Will let him know - thank you.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
Will let him know - thank you.
CEF sell DOL starters for 20 quid ( minus the overloads ) im sure his boss wouldnt notice if one was booked out on the account!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jonsparx
CEF sell DOL starters for 20 quid ( minus the overloads ) im sure his boss wouldnt notice if one was booked out on the account!!
he hasnt noticed the drill, plaster, bonding or drill bits yet! and that was the boss's idea!! the owner hasnt noticed yet!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Hi all,

Thought I'd join in too - my OH has his practical on 14th April. We're then going to wait for results before applying for 175 visa (online, probably). Hope to be going anytime from November (have 3 weeks booked from work late Nov and would like to purchase one-way ticket not return!!). Off to Brisbane (South, probably).

Good luck to everyone.

Kat
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Huggkat
Hi all,

Thought I'd join in too - my OH has his practical on 14th April. We're then going to wait for results before applying for 175 visa (online, probably). Hope to be going anytime from November (have 3 weeks booked from work late Nov and would like to purchase one-way ticket not return!!). Off to Brisbane (South, probably).

Good luck to everyone.

Kat
hi and welcome to the thread

good luck to your OH and his practical

im assuming everyone is waiting to get these practicals over and done with.

i know i am.

Same for me, going on a 175 once have results for vetassess and IELTS

doc
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi all, just finishing the final touches and getting references for the paper assessment for vetasses.Hoping for a good result and then get in for the July practicals.after that IELTS and then online 175 visa for me oh and 3 kids.EEEEEEzy!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Porter
Hi all, just finishing the final touches and getting references for the paper assessment for vetasses.Hoping for a good result and then get in for the July practicals.after that IELTS and then online 175 visa for me oh and 3 kids.EEEEEEzy!!
best of luck to you

have you found BE usefull in regards wuth what to send to vetassess?

doc
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Yes very much so Doc,all the usual culprits and now hopefully some of us who are recent members going through new experiences as tests/regulations change will pass on our advice.Its all goodBy the way when you sent off your vetassess assessment did you pay by visa/credit card and if so did you just fill in the details on the form.I assume the transaction adjusts the amount from Australian dollars to sterling automatically.Or did anyone pay differently??Thanks for any help..
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Porter
Yes very much so Doc,all the usual culprits and now hopefully some of us who are recent members going through new experiences as tests/regulations change will pass on our advice.Its all goodBy the way when you sent off your vetassess assessment did you pay by visa/credit card and if so did you just fill in the details on the form.I assume the transaction adjusts the amount from Australian dollars to sterling automatically.Or did anyone pay differently??Thanks for any help..
i payed by visa for my vetassess

the only problem with that is that when the payment is made it is converted to the current currency rate

so it could be cheaper one day but not the next

i think i got robbed with the ammount i paid

the rate wasnt that good at the time

but hey ho

doc
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Hi all,

My OH has got his assessment on 14th April, fingers crossed and all that, not just for him but for everyone!! We are then going to wait for results and if positive result, we are going to try to get sponsored. We've got some info on time scales, info on types of visa's, whether a particular one takes 3-6 months or 12-15 months and whether it's points tested or not that were supplied to us from the London expo, we have more details, if anyone is interested, just ask!! We will also put OH's cv details on sites that we given to him at the expo and see if anything comes through from them.

Docgp, from the impression that my OH got from the expo, they are crying out for people in the mines, he didn't get any info as he didn't fancy the working pattern, it would mean a lot less time together as a family, the opposite of one of the reasons why we're going!!!

We are looking at Perth area or Adelaide, think we may fry in somewhere like Brisbane as I have the palest skin it reflects the sun and my son has had the misfortune of taking after me on that one!!!

Good Luck again to everyone, hope the wait is over soon!

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.