The Official Sparky Thread

Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all
Default Re: The Official Sparky Thread

Not sure about online visas, friends applied last August on paper based and still have not got a CO yet so who knows I would have thought at least 6 months wait.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by shar07
Not sure about online visas, friends applied last August on paper based and still have not got a CO yet so who knows I would have thought at least 6 months wait.
bloody hell!

i was hoping it would take about 4 to 6 months

does anyone know if it would be different for visas with couples/family against a single person?

Or do they do them in order of recieving them?

Looks like im going to be looking for sponsorship!!!

doc
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

I think its the order they receive them in, we are going for 176 sponsorship by WA Government and that is going to take just as long we have been told. Sorry to be bearer of bad news, I may be wrong but I would not bank on getting your visa that quick
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

I think its the order they receive them in, we are going for 176 sponsorship by WA Government and that is going to take just as long we have been told. Sorry to be bearer of bad news, I may be wrong but I would not bank on getting your visa that quick
no worries

i knew they took time but not this long!

Maybe need to do more research, but thats all i seem to do!!

Oh well, atleast i have all you wonderful people on BE to look after me

Doc
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, Ive heard some people mention 6 - 8 months and some well over a year, doesnt seem to be a hard and fast rule. I thought MODL trades were given priority though??
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought that was the case too just think they have had so many applicants perhaps finding it hard to cope with them all.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=shar07;6144250]I thought that was the case too just think they have had so many applicants perhaps finding it hard to cope with them all

Does anyone know if passing the vetts system takes away the need for the ARTC??
I know passing vetts means we would recieve an RTO certificate that we take to some department in Oz to get issued with a provisional licence, but then what???
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsparx

Does anyone know if passing the vetts system takes away the need for the ARTC??
I know passing vetts means we would recieve an RTO certificate that we take to some department in Oz to get issued with a provisional licence, but then what???

No-one knows - not even the TRA!

I suspect that you will need an ARTC as I can't see the TRA handing that over to anyone, and I am pretty certain that there will be quite a bit of headache for the first 6 to 12 months as nobody really has a clue out here about any of it.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

My OH is going to ask when he goes for his practical will let u know what they say.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
No-one knows - not even the TRA!

I suspect that you will need an ARTC as I can't see the TRA handing that over to anyone, and I am pretty certain that there will be quite a bit of headache for the first 6 to 12 months as nobody really has a clue out here about any of it.
Struth Sheila! How could they charge $2200 for the new vetts system compared to $300 for the old TRA way, and then expect us to do the ARTC as well!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Struth Sheila! How could they charge $2200 for the new vetts system compared to $300 for the old TRA way, and then expect us to do the ARTC as well!

They may not, I really have no idea. It's just an educated guess - I know what they are like out here for certificates and stuff.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by docgp
bloody hell!

i was hoping it would take about 4 to 6 months

does anyone know if it would be different for visas with couples/family against a single person?

Or do they do them in order of recieving them?

Looks like im going to be looking for sponsorship!!!

doc
I think it's the luck of the draw time wise
we've been at it since the middle of august!!!!!!!!!!!
but got the tra thing before the assesment system changed so that saved us a few hundred dollars.

Good luck with it all, & if any one's got any good jobs on the go & needs a couple of sparks, send us a pm. Looking for something to tide us over till @ (hopefully!) sept when we should have got our visa & sold the house!
Cheers
Tim
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

hi doing my vetassess practical on the 8th, soon as i get the results im guna apply 4 a 175 visa gotta get the process rolling cos my aussie g/f is giving me grief cos ive dragged her away from the warm weather!! Good luck to all of u doin your exams nxt week
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonny83
hi doing my vetassess practical on the 8th, soon as i get the results im guna apply 4 a 175 visa gotta get the process rolling cos my aussie g/f is giving me grief cos ive dragged her away from the warm weather!! Good luck to all of u doin your exams nxt week
good luck to you too and everyone else who is taking it

doc
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonny83
Hi jonny83 my OH Mike is doing his practical on the 8th as well, he may see you there. Best of luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.