Obtaining a licence?

Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining a licence?

My hubbie is an electrician but only qualified in 2004, however he started working as a trainee in 2002 whilst he attended night school (no formal apprenticeship).

We should get our visa in a few weeks (he used to be a toolmaker so we applied under this occupation).

I understand that to get an ARTC he will need 7 years experience and I have a couple of questions: -

1) does the 7 years start from 2002 when he started working or 2004 when he qualified?

2) Once you get an ARTC is it a simple process to get a licence or do you need to go back to college/apprentice status?

3) can you get the ARTC from the UK?

4) If we stay in the UK until he has seven years would a successful TRA help with getting the ARTC?

5) Should we stay in the UK until he has seven years (i.e. 2009) or is it possible to get his skills assessed once he gets over there with less experience?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've spent ages reading through teh websites and still don't really understand the process!

Emma
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining a licence?

For other's reference, this question was discussed here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440497