NSW Electrical Licence

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:19 am
Just Joined

ckirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSW Electrical Licence

I am looking for anybody over the last few years who has attempted to get an electrical licence here in NSW and has just hit a brick wall everytime they go for it.
I am in the process of lodging a complaint with the NSW Ombudsman and need some people to step forward and document their problems.
Regards
Colin
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:09 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: NSW Electrical Licence

What sort of problems have you come up against Colin ?

Dougie
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

TheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really nice

Originally Posted by ckirl
I am looking for anybody over the last few years who has attempted to get an electrical licence here in NSW and has just hit a brick wall everytime they go for it.
I am in the process of lodging a complaint with the NSW Ombudsman and need some people to step forward and document their problems.
Regards
Colin
I remember when I first got over here phoning department after departmant after tafe after collage and couldnt get a straight answer off anybody. Yep mate, its totall bollox. From what i could gather its a 780hr course filling in log books and all that bullshit! ***** that! lol, Get urself over to Peer in Adelaide, come back and swap at the dept of fair trading for a NSW licence. It really is a piece off piss.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

ckirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
What sort of problems have you come up against Colin ?

Dougie
Came over on a skilled visa, got craft cert, cert 3 from Tafe (only did 3 exams)I
went to get licence and they told me that i didnt have a yrs exp in Australia according to Form L21. I asked them to show me where it says the exp has to be in Australia and of course they couldn't.
I took the oft to court over it and they agreed that the exp doesn't have to be here but my references aren't in accordance with As3000 wiring rules.
Its been a struggle from day one.
I need other people who has come across the same situation and I want to present the case to the Ombundsman but with only one case ( my own ) they won't take it serious unless I can put a few cases forward and highlight all the bull that exists.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:32 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ckirl
Came over on a skilled visa, got craft cert, cert 3 from Tafe (only did 3 exams)I
went to get licence and they told me that i didnt have a yrs exp in Australia according to Form L21. I asked them to show me where it says the exp has to be in Australia and of course they couldn't.
I took the oft to court over it and they agreed that the exp doesn't have to be here but my references aren't in accordance with As3000 wiring rules.
Its been a struggle from day one.
I need other people who has come across the same situation and I want to present the case to the Ombundsman but with only one case ( my own ) they won't take it serious unless I can put a few cases forward and highlight all the bull that exists.
What skilled visa did you go over on ?

Whats a craft cert ?

I can understand yur frustration but I can also see there point regarding the experience and the regs. They want to see you working to there rules and regs for 12mths not someone elses

Dougie
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to be happening a lot to all the sparks out there, maybe they all worked up on the electrical side?