No State nominated 176 route

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road
Default No State nominated 176 route

JES I have found out I cant get state nominated 176 visa to perth full up in two days and they capped it for electricians, now many did they allow for its a joke!!, my only route now to get into perth is the 175 visa in which my agent says I have to do an IELTS English test to get 120 points?

Has anyone did this test ???
I am bloody British lol

I have passed vetassess paid all fees hoping to go state nominated now the spanners have been threw straight into the works and am quite lost in what to do. I have to lodge a visa before july 2011 or chances getting into oz will be slim with the new points system.

Another option is try 457 route and get a company to sponsor me then try for citizenship from them??

I really want to get into western Australia as the work there is plenty full and most of all my friends are electricians and live there and are citizens.

Anyone having problems

My agent says he can get us into south oz but not sure if I want to go state nominated there as have to stay for 2 years!!
Old Dec 24th 2010, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

deanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No State nominated 176 route

Hi Elect42
How did you find out that the electricians for wa is full, cause i did wa ss applications on the 21st of December 2010 and they accepted my application and I did not get informed that it was full or capped, I just got a mail back from them stating that they recieved my application.

Now I am worried, did I waste money and time.

Cheers
Deanc

Last edited by deanc; Dec 24th 2010 at 4:42 am.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Hey mate PM you with actual email I got from agent
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

sweet, shot, got it thanks
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice

Originally Posted by elect42
JES I have found out I cant get state nominated 176 visa to perth full up in two days and they capped it for electricians, now many did they allow for its a joke!!, my only route now to get into perth is the 175 visa in which my agent says I have to do an IELTS English test to get 120 points?

Has anyone did this test ???
I am bloody British lol

I have passed vetassess paid all fees hoping to go state nominated now the spanners have been threw straight into the works and am quite lost in what to do. I have to lodge a visa before july 2011 or chances getting into oz will be slim with the new points system.

Another option is try 457 route and get a company to sponsor me then try for citizenship from them??

I really want to get into western Australia as the work there is plenty full and most of all my friends are electricians and live there and are citizens.

Anyone having problems

My agent says he can get us into south oz but not sure if I want to go state nominated there as have to stay for 2 years!!
Hi there, we wrote the test a couple of years ago. My wife is also English and she had to write it too... i am "Afrikaans" and passed it first time. So it shouldn't be a problem for you
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

when you leaving ericks
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice

Originally Posted by deanc
when you leaving ericks
Hi Dean,
We are leaving 4 January for Adelaide. Plan to do the Peer course full time.
I have no job yet! but i have to see a guy on the 10th at his factory..
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Well i wish you all the best, i have applied ss for wa and sa so maybe ill see you in sa, good luck again and keep in touch
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deanc
Well i wish you all the best, i have applied ss for wa and sa so maybe ill see you in sa, good luck again and keep in touch
Thanks! and good luck to you too...
Old Dec 26th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

hey guys
Just had a look at the wa ss site and the wa skills occupation in demand list seems to be getting updated and now says that electrician (general) is no longer available.

So it now appears that they are no longer accepting applications for electricians anymore.

341111 Electrician (General) TRA 60 Not Available

http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/skilledmig...ons-in-demand/

Old Dec 27th 2010, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Getting scary, we had our hearts set on going to WA as we have friends and work would be alot better in that state.

Now only a few options left, apart from doing an english exam and waiting abit longer to get into WA.

English exam I will sit and hope for pass

But in mean time I am getting onto agent and apply for another state, just for back up plan.

I have spent far too much money to not get into OZ at all.

Any one know what South OZ or Victoria is like for sparkies??
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

They got their full allocation for sparks in 2 days? I'm glad I applied for a 175 in the summer. I want to go to WA as well.

elect42, I sat my ielts exam over the summer, it's not too bad, mate. Make sure you sit the general exam.

Test venues are listed here: www.ielts.org
Get some practice in for the exam here: http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free...ice-tests.html
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mate thats helpful!

I am not sure if I can apply for two go state nominated in say victoria and after that is lodged lodge one for WA 175 if when I get english exam.

All in all hopefully guys we will cross paths sometime and Ill buy you's a pint!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

I don't think they let you change your visa over anymore, once it's been lodged. You used to be able to change a 175 to a 176, but they've stopped that now. So if you did get SS for Victoria and then passed your IELTS, you would have to withdraw your 176 application before lodging a 175.

Yeah, we might end up on a building site in WA in the near future, a beer would be nice mate

By the way, all the best for 2011 everyone