No info in PEER book.

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:05 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default No info in PEER book.

Appendix K is missing from the regs as its been deleted. So I can't complete that section on the work book. Also , do we have to fill out the Utilities part at the back? I'm sure i read somewhere that you didn't. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:02 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No info in PEER book.

Anyone?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:32 am
mcv
Forum Regular

mcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nice

Hi ,Yes part k has been removed from the regs and you dont have to fill in that section.The last part od the workbook etsa has to be filled in,or at least when I did the exam in may it did.

cheers Richard
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:33 am
Freedom!

Originally Posted by mcv
Hi ,Yes part k has been removed from the regs and you dont have to fill in that section.The last part od the workbook etsa has to be filled in,or at least when I did the exam in may it did.

cheers Richard
Thanks mate.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 5:12 am
Freedom!

do we have to fill out the Utilities part at the back? I'm sure i read somewhere that you didn't.
Trying to do this. But still looking to people who have done the course/test. Did they tell you that you had to do the Utilities part? Is it in the test? I'm just finding it a bit confusing. Got my test next week and this is the last part i need to complete before i go back and do revision of max demand.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Trying to do this. But still looking to people who have done the course/test. Did they tell you that you had to do the Utilities part? Is it in the test? I'm just finding it a bit confusing. Got my test next week and this is the last part i need to complete before i go back and do revision of max demand.

Hi Jockstar,
I answered about half of the questions in the utilities section, they only flick through your work book to check it anyway and no it isn't part of the exam.
Dave
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Hi jockstar,

I never answered any of the questions at back of book. Nothing was mentioned when i was at peer. Good luck tho you'll not need it. I got my licence through the post yesterday but looks like i'm going to have probs converting to Qld licence.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r1c1
Hi jockstar,

I never answered any of the questions at back of book. Nothing was mentioned when i was at peer. Good luck tho you'll not need it. I got my licence through the post yesterday but looks like i'm going to have probs converting to Qld licence.
You don't need to convert it

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/fair-a...al-recognition

If you hold one of the exact external licences listed below, you can work within the scope of that licence in Queensland without having to apply for a Queensland electrical work licence.

If you still wish to convert it, then it should be enough that you fill out the following form, pay the fee etc:
http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data...apprentice.pdf

If they refuse you a licence, take them to tribunal, as they would be going against legal guidelines: http://www.coag.gov.au/mutual_recogn..._agreement.cfm
Old Dec 4th 2010, 6:07 am
Freedom!

Can i wear sneakers to the class or does it have to be shoes?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Thanks Wendy. Will look into this more. Just read couple of posts on diff sites where people have been refused transfer to qld from sa licence. Most employers up here want qld licence.

Jockstar- wear safety shoes to peer. They insist on this for health and safety reasons.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy. Will look into this more. Just read couple of posts on diff sites where people have been refused transfer to qld from sa licence. Most employers up here want qld licence.

Jockstar- wear safety shoes to peer. They insist on this for health and safety reasons.
I wonder if they have been filling in the wrong forms, or maybe just the staff at the licensing centre are getting confused? I know sometimes they put numpties on the counters at government offices don't they

Anyway, they can't refuse you an equivalent licence as there is a mutual recognition law in place so just stick to your guns. (See answer 7 here for the NT licence http://www.electricallicensing.nt.go.../workers.shtml)

Hope you manage to sort it out without too much problem. Let us know how you get on
Old Dec 5th 2010, 3:14 am
Freedom!

Ok will do. Thats why i asked. I thought there may be problems. Anyway. I fly to SA tomorrow night and goto PEER on Tuesday. Just revising max demand before i go. Hope all goes well.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:50 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Ok will do. Thats why i asked. I thought there may be problems. Anyway. I fly to SA tomorrow night and goto PEER on Tuesday. Just revising max demand before i go. Hope all goes well.
good luck mate
Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Location: From London but been living in USA. Coming to Australia soon.
steve pickett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jockstar,
I have just done my exam at Peer, end of Nov, I too couldnt find that section, I called Peer and they said ignore it, as high voltage is not in the exam anymore.
Yes you do have to do the bit at the end for utilities, but again, there were no questions in the exam.
Dont worry about it, the guys at peer are great and the atmosphere is pretty laid back.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

I have my WA electricians license but when i tried to change it for a Qld license they said i could'nt.
They said i have to do another course which would take 6 months and cost $2000.
So i can no longer work as an electrician in Qld and i have been a sparky for 28 years.
Greg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.