Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Newbie-industrial electrician in ontario canada

Newbie-industrial electrician in ontario canada

Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:32 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Newbie-industrial electrician in ontario canada

Can anyone help!!!
we are looking at moving to ontario in canada and my husband is an industrial electrician/industrial manager

he currently works the same job in the uk, but after our visit earlier this year to canada, have decided its about time we made the move!!
there seems loads of jobs -in the area, but no takers as we are in the uk.
i will move anywhere i ontario apart from toronto area,but he needs to know how he goes about transferring his uk qualifications to canadian ones??
which is the best licence to get, how does he go about it,,,,,any advise would be welcome

he got a job offer 4yrs ago from his current employers and i said no...now i could kick myself as i wish i could just pack the kids up and go, we all wanted to stop there when we visited and even the kids didnt want to come back....now the job is not on offer and the quickest way is the job offer.....at moment looks like long wait under skilled worker route!!!!

gill