Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

New Zealand to Australia Licence

New Zealand to Australia Licence

Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

DT1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand to Australia Licence

Hi there,
To start I am English and have only a holiday working visa for NZ at the moment.
Ok I am currently working in Christchurch as am industrial electrician and have been for about 7 months on my unrestricted electrical licence with ewrb. I have sat the vet assess practical assessment they wanted to sit and hopefully on a good out come will apply for my visa soon.

The question I am enquiring about is will I have to do a log book and everything as im all ready working in As/nz rules and have a NZ licence unrestricted? I am thinking of going through Victoria as its ment to be the best one to get on par with Qld.

Some input and advice would be greatly appreciated thankyou

David

Last edited by DT1984; Jul 24th 2013 at 9:19 am. Reason: missed something out
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand to Australia Licence

Originally Posted by DT1984
Hi there,
To start I am English and have only a holiday working visa for NZ at the moment.
Ok I am currently working in Christchurch as am industrial electrician and have been for about 7 months on my unrestricted electrical licence with ewrb. I have sat the vet assess practical assessment they wanted to sit and hopefully on a good out come will apply for my visa soon.

The question I am enquiring about is will I have to do a log book and everything as im all ready working in As/nz rules and have a NZ licence unrestricted? I am thinking of going through Victoria as its ment to be the best one to get on par with Qld.

Some input and advice would be greatly appreciated thankyou

David
Hi David,

I did a quick google, and it looks like you might be able to swap an NZ license to a QLD one on mutual recognition. This is the form that came up - http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data...apprentice.pdf
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:28 am
Just Joined

DT1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks brilliant now if applying for my visa was just as easy and fast :P

Thanks a lot
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DT1984
That looks brilliant now if applying for my visa was just as easy and fast :P

Thanks a lot
LOL - unfortunately you have to do the OTSR for that
Mad world sometimes