Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Ang-Lec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member

Hi everyone
Just joined the sight today.We will be arriving up in cairns end of August and will be looking to start the licencing process.Hope to get the ARTC done before to send to ozy mates address.I assume I can do cpr & health and safty in Cairns?....Do you have fly to Brisbane to do the wiring course as it seems the tafe is always full! Also how easy is it to get work on prov license?Most of my work is domestic and commercial...not sure about going down a mine!!..did many of you work in other jobs whilst waiting for license to come thru or did u just go fishing!
Any help would be great

Ang
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member

sorry cant help

but just wanted to welcome you to the be site

hitchcock
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:28 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ang-Lec
Hi everyone
Just joined the sight today.We will be arriving up in cairns end of August and will be looking to start the licencing process.Hope to get the ARTC done before to send to ozy mates address.I assume I can do cpr & health and safty in Cairns?....Do you have fly to Brisbane to do the wiring course as it seems the tafe is always full! Also how easy is it to get work on prov license?Most of my work is domestic and commercial...not sure about going down a mine!!..did many of you work in other jobs whilst waiting for license to come thru or did u just go fishing!
Any help would be great

Ang

you can do the course via correspondance with
http://www.qet.edu.au/

regards steve

ps welcome to the site
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:27 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone
Any help would be great

Ang
Hi mate, its your lucky day, im a spark and living in Cairns. Only been here 4 weeks. I got a job out here from getting friendly with a guy on this website and now i work with him. There is a lot of work out here mate. Im finding it no problem at all, standards a alot less than the uk.
First thing i would do mate is get your artc done. Iv not even started my licence process yet and im working so that answers that question for you.
Give me a shout if you want anymore help/ advice. Send me a private message.

Stu
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve`o
you can do the course via correspondance with
http://www.qet.edu.au/

regards steve

ps welcome to the site
cheers Steve for the link
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:21 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

correspondance is the only way to go from cairns. the tafe in cairns is shite. one guy called alan robertson is a tool. it just so hapopens hes the guy in charge. he told me to go and learn the regs and come back in 6 months and do the capstone test as he was very busy. thats all well and good but there is no support from the tafe system up here. mate of mine got told the same thing as me and then went back in 6 months. he failed one question on the test on motors and has to do a course for 6 weeks then do the exam again. thats every morning for 6 weeks. hes nearly had to jack his job in to do it as hes running a unit complex site so needs to be there all day everyday at the moment. hes now starting at 5.30 then shoots off to college at 8.30 till 12.00 then back to work until 5.30. its a joke. i did the correspondance course and the guy who organised it for me was very good although ive read a few bad things about him on here ( alex josephs).
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:00 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

just had a look at the link. its different to the course i did. i think the way i did it looks easier. less involved anyway. mine was organised through yeronga tafe and i did the 39093 course through the open learning institute. i put a post on about it a couple of months ago. im off camping now so will hunt for it when i get back.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by youngy73
just had a look at the link. its different to the course i did. i think the way i did it looks easier. less involved anyway. mine was organised through yeronga tafe and i did the 39093 course through the open learning institute. i put a post on about it a couple of months ago. im off camping now so will hunt for it when i get back.
cheers mate hope to speak to you soon
Ang