British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Need Help Confussed??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/need-help-confussed-506430/)

maddyowen Jan 15th 2008 2:13 pm

Need Help Confussed???

:confused:Hi i'm a newby to this site,

and would really like some help as i'm a little confused and just need some guidance.

We are currently looking into moving to Australia and would probably be interested in the NSW area.

My husband is a 16th edition electrician and is currently working as supervisor he's also an NICEIC approved Q.S. and does commercial, industrial and domestic work.

From what i can gather his papers don't seem to matter much?

Can anyone confirm the whole process? I have read through lots of the threads but i'm a little confused as to what he needs to do, how long it takes and the cost of every thing. As each state seems to be different and now the Vetassess has taken over from TRA??? :wub:

docgp Jan 15th 2008 5:24 pm

Re: Need Help Confussed???

Originally Posted by maddyowen (Post 5791402)

and would really like some help as i'm a little confused and just need some guidance.

We are currently looking into moving to Australia and would probably be interested in the NSW area.

My husband is a 16th edition electrician and is currently working as supervisor he's also an NICEIC approved Q.S. and does commercial, industrial and domestic work.

Can anyone confirm the whole process? I have read through lots of the threads but i'm a little confused as to what he needs to do, how long it takes and the cost of every thing. As each state seems to be different and now the Vetassess has taken over from TRA??? :wub:

i take it your OH will be going as a general electrician? this is now done by veassess.

two stages to this paper bases then practical. you will find plenty of threads on here with what to send over regarding you certificates etc, but not much on the practical side. its all new and not many have done it yet.

stage one takes about 20 working days to complete

then its trying to get on the practicals! next one is in april i believe.

once this is all done its a matter of applying for visa, not got this far yet, but it looks like this can take a while

good luck with everything sorry cant be much more help.

look out for steve o and wendy, they know most things

steve`o Jan 15th 2008 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by docgp (Post 5792285)
i take it your OH will be going as a general electrician? this is now done by veassess.

two stages to this paper bases then practical. you will find plenty of threads on here with what to send over regarding you certificates etc, but not much on the practical side. its all new and not many have done it yet.

stage one takes about 20 working days to complete

then its trying to get on the practicals! next one is in april i believe.

once this is all done its a matter of applying for visa, not got this far yet, but it looks like this can take a while

good luck with everything sorry cant be much more help.

look out for steve o and wendy, they know most things

but sadly not next weeks lottery numbers :rofl:

general spark start at

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...entservice.htm

do you have an idea as to where you`d like to live as diffwerent states have different ways of applying for the licence ??

best regards and welcome to BE

auntie wends will be along any minute now :rofl:

docgp Jan 15th 2008 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5792697)
but sadly not next weeks lottery numbers :rofl:

ive put my quid on for wednesdays lottery, using wendys numbers. you just never know:blink:

steve`o Jan 15th 2008 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by docgp (Post 5792714)
ive put my quid on for wednesdays lottery, using wendys numbers. you just never know:blink:

i`d tell her you won just for the reaction :rofl:

Wendy Jan 15th 2008 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5792731)
i`d tell her you won just for the reaction :rofl:

I'll pretend I didn't read this then, just for effect when you tell me :rofl:

Wendy Jan 15th 2008 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by maddyowen (Post 5791402)

I can't really help with Vetassess, but here's a link to the NSW licencing board for Sparkies http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/bu...es.html#applic

:)

steve`o Jan 15th 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5792841)
I'll pretend I didn't read this then, just for effect when you tell me :rofl:

ssshhhhh
it`ll be our little secrets wends :rofl:

maddyowen Jan 16th 2008 7:45 am

Thanks for your help guy's i think i've kind of worked it all out.:)

Wendy Jan 16th 2008 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by maddyowen (Post 5795493)
Thanks for your help guy's i think i've kind of worked it all out.:)

Good. :)

If you need any help or support along the way, just yell ;)