British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   MOVING 2 BRISBANE IN OCTOBER! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/moving-2-brisbane-october-557799/)

jonny83 Aug 27th 2008 7:16 pm

MOVING 2 BRISBANE IN OCTOBER!

hi im a spark moving to Brisbane soon, ive done my vetassess practical got my visa, what i want 2 no is what do i once im there about gettin my full licence?

CandS Aug 27th 2008 8:46 pm

Re: MOVING 2 BRISBANE IN OCTOBER!

See the post a couple up from yours...Read Me: ARTC & licencing in Australia

That should tell you all you need.

How was your practical mate? was it intense? did you answer all questions or have to skip a few?

Kevin S Aug 27th 2008 9:13 pm

Hello All,

You don't need ARTC if you have your vetassess cert, the ARTC is for residents only now, you should read the posts by the people having done the PEER course recently with regards to obtaining a full licence. Ask on here if you need any further details.

Regards

Kevin

P.S. You'll love Brisbane.

jonny83 Aug 28th 2008 5:08 pm

thanks guys, yeah ive been there b4 i loved it thats why im off back:D

Kirby Reynolds Aug 30th 2008 10:05 am

Jonny

Can you describe your vetasses experience for all us lucky people that have it coming up in october!

any tips would be appreciated

kirby

jonny83 Aug 30th 2008 10:31 am

yeah the practical was very easy i'd trust my apprentice's to sit it 4 me but my problem is that its not all sorted in australia no1 no's if where gettin the licence yet so i may do the peer course in sa.

moriarty711 Aug 30th 2008 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kirby Reynolds (Post 6730851)
Jonny

Can you describe your vetasses experience for all us lucky people that have it coming up in october!

any tips would be appreciated

kirby

The practicle to be honest is nothing to worry about if you a time served sparks you'll have no trouble with any of the tasks. The guys are really helpfull and stress that they are not there to catch you out.
In the morning you have regestration(take passport) the a small test of general fairly basic formula based questions (18 in total).
When you have done this- I think you are given 45mins which is plenty of time
you are taken to your both and given a drawing to fit a consumer unit a tow way lighting circuit and a radial s/o. It's in a mix of pvc t/e and pvc conduit.
again plenty of time given.
whilst doing this you are asked to complete other tasks such as wiring some resistors to a drawing and calculating the power used in different combinations.
Wire up a dol starter (drawing given) then safe isolation and re connect of an appliance. You then have to go back to your little installation and do a polarity test and insulation test and write down the results. All in all not a bad day, and I actually enjoyed it!