Motors Advice? NZ Stage 3

Old Nov 24th 2007, 5:41 am
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motors Advice? NZ Stage 3

Just done my Regs exam today not really sure on that one, seemed damn sight harder than the mocks ones we did all week, anyhow i think i may just scrape by.

BUT this next week i have got to do my stage 3 practical assesment!
Now silly as this seems i am really worried about this practical, been a sparkie for 16yrs and wiring things up shouldn't be a problem. But firstly theres doing the testing the way they do it (seems very different methods to our UK testing).

And then more worryingly there is a mass of different types of motors to connect up and reverse rotation etc. Do they assume all sparkies work with motors every day? I havent wired up a 3phase motor since i had to during my apprenticeship! And now this week i have to suddenly stroll in and wire up a cage-induction motor and star/delta motors. Bloody hell i am only 34 but feel old already.

If anyone has done this stage 3 practical or done anything similar in Oz or elsewhere and can offer any advice or tips, or if anyone ahs any good websites as a refresher to wiring up motors and rotation etc, i would appreciate any advice.

Last edited by Leccy-Lee; Nov 24th 2007 at 5:47 am.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Motors Advice? NZ Stage 3

Guys?
Somebody must have some experience of motors and starters. I not seen one since college 16yrs ago. And this week i got to connect, test and reverse 3-4 different types of motors. I thought a good google would help, but all i can find it motor, not so useful for the actual connections and testing of them.

Bugger i need this practical assessment to stay in the country!
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:12 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wiringmanual.com/motor039.html#wp1286028

http://www.lmphotonics.com/single_phase_m.htm

Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Thankyou Steve, i must been typing wrong things into Google!
That moeller site was great, all i needed was the circuit diagrams, and wiring up even star/delta isnt hard with the right diagram.

Passed all the motor sections of my practical today! Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:04 am
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeBennett View Post
Thankyou Steve, i must been typing wrong things into Google!
That moeller site was great, all i needed was the circuit diagrams, and wiring up even star/delta isnt hard with the right diagram.

Passed all the motor sections of my practical today! Thanks

Well done Lee