medicals...help

Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile medicals...help

Has anyone had their medical yet? could you tell us whats involved, how thorough is it or just the normal blood pressure,weight etc..
Thanks alot, any info much appreciated. Tina.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice
Default Re: medicals...help

Originally Posted by tinaandscott View Post
Has anyone had their medical yet? could you tell us whats involved, how thorough is it or just the normal blood pressure,weight etc..
Thanks alot, any info much appreciated. Tina.
Hi Tina

I think it can vary depending where you go but ours was quite straight forward.

We had chest and heart checked, height and weight, ears and throat checked, eyes and urine and blood pressure checked and blood taken. Our kids heart and chest checked, eyes and urine tested and that was about that.

Hopefully this will help you!

Ang
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks alot Ang, that was helpful. Did you get it done at your own doctor, or did you have to go to the aussie medics.
My OH just been notified that passed paper assessment, was hoping for practical in october but weve missed the deadline, so hoping for february.
You shouldnt have too much longer now should you ??

Tina
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Congratulations on passing paper assessment

We went to a Dr in Aberdeen who was on the list/board of Doctors for immigration.

Unfortunately we applied paper instead of online (it was easier for family in Oz to fill in their sponsorship part this way) so God knows when we will get our Visa!!

A bit of a wait until Feb for pratical though, get your OH to get studying!!

Ang
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, bit gutted that we now have to wait till feb.
OH so laid back... hes not worried bout practical at all. Its me who panicking, hehe.
Ive given him lots of info from the site about whats expected, so hes gonna do a bit of revision hopefully.
We are using an agent for our visa, but to be honest he doesnt seem to be doing too much, have to keep chasing him.., but think i would still prefer an agent as its all so confusing!!

Where abouts in Oz are you hoping to go to , Good Luck anyway, and thanks for the info

Tina
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Were off to Brisbane (fingers crossed)...we have family out there.

The sooner we go the better now.....even though we have to sell the house in this depression.

Ang

Make sure your o/h swats up for that assessment