Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Licensed electrical assessment

Licensed electrical assessment

Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:07 am
Just Joined

roblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Licensed electrical assessment

Cheers Deyan,
Your a champ mate
Old Feb 17th 2014, 9:00 am
Just Joined

irishspark is an unknown quantity at this point

sitting my exams in Melbourne with epic next week doing all 3 over 2 weeks any tips or advice anyone could give would be great.
also arthur would you be able to pm me the swp guide that you have every little would help thanks
John
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Licensed electrical assessment

Originally Posted by irishspark
sitting my exams in Melbourne with epic next week doing all 3 over 2 weeks any tips or advice anyone could give would be great.
also arthur would you be able to pm me the swp guide that you have every little would help thanks
John

I'm doing mine in a few weeks. I really want to hear from people who have done it recently just to get an idea of how intense it really is. I'm going through some revision at the moment and it's pretty full on.

Has anyone taken the exam recently that can let me know if there's anything they particularly keen on questioning?

Been a spark for 10 years but suddenly i feel like an apprentice all over again...

If anyone can help that would be awesome.

cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 9:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
I'm doing mine in a few weeks. I really want to hear from people who have done it recently just to get an idea of how intense it really is. I'm going through some revision at the moment and it's pretty full on.

Has anyone taken the exam recently that can let me know if there's anything they particularly keen on questioning?

Been a spark for 10 years but suddenly i feel like an apprentice all over again...

cheers
Not sure how the WA tests compare to LEA. There is a practice test here - http://www.epicitb.com/uploads/Downl...m%20220311.pdf - for the LEA
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not sure how the WA tests compare to LEA. There is a practice test here - http://www.epicitb.com/uploads/Downl...m%20220311.pdf - for the LEA
Old.sparkles you're a super star.

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 10:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Old.sparkles you're a super star.

Thanks
No worries
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 9:17 am
Just Joined

irishspark is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers
Hi mate
Ive just finished my 3 lea exams and have got my swp and let results back passed them both comprehensively
I would recommend doing the tutorial course for all 3 exams with 370deg there located on lygon street in carlton north.I done my swp and let tutorials there and my lep with nmit and I wouldnt recommend anyone go to nmit for these.
Having done the exams im glad I done the tutorials just to brush up on things that I had forgotten since qualifying 5 years ago eg.ohms law and also using the regs books are alot different to the regs back in ireland .
If you want to ask me anything just drop me a pm and ill do my best to help ya out
Now on to finding a job!!!
Old May 4th 2014, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Brian,
Can't give you a heads up on this one. There is a poster named Arthur whose posting name is The _Pom_from _Aus. He pops up now and again here and is also known as No1spark on another well known expat site. I've tried to find a post by him so that you can PM him but I'm half cut now so will try again tomorrow. If you can find him he'll be able to give you a heads up. He's based in Melbourne and knows tie ins and outs of the licencing process.
Regards Derren
Hello Darren,
Its Arthur here from Melbourne i shall contact the person you have been communicating with on here, as we know things never get any easier for people.
In Victoria these days there are now about 3 full exams to be done to gain the full license & the morons from EPIC training still have the monopoly on it all.

atrhur
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Hey all,

Sitting my exams this Wednesday and the nerves have well and truly set in. Just a couple of quick questions that I cannot get my head around...

The first being the MEN link. If the return neutral fails how does the earth become 'live?' I understand that the link is there to reduce the ohms on the earth path, can someone explain the main advantages of the MEN?Would the link be in every board? As I'm yet to see one in anything other than the mains. This is all related to touch voltage which I understand as the leakage to earth under fault conditions but I don't understand how? Touch current?

Sorry to waffle but my head is going crazy trying to cram all this knowledge in...

Also does anyone have any good example papers or questions I should look at for qld?

Thanks in advance..

Sparkyjames
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Hey all,

Does anyone know the maximum pH/r2 readings I should be getting on a given circuit, when testing for continuity of earth here in oz? I know its a maximum of 0.5 ohms on bonding/earth stake but how about on the lighting/power/hot water circuit.

I was recently failed for not knowing these answers in my practical but my boss doesn't know and there's nothing that I can see in the rules book.

I have a retake soon so any help would be awesome.

Cheers
Sparkyjames
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:15 am

Hey all,

Does anyone know the maximum pH/r2 readings I should be getting on a given circuit, when testing for continuity of earth here in oz? I know its a maximum of 0.5 ohms on bonding/earth stake but how about on the lighting/power/hot water circuit.

I was recently failed for not knowing these answers in my practical but my boss doesn't know and there's nothing that I can see in the rules book.

I have a retake soon so any help would be awesome.

Cheers
Sparkyjames
Isn't that Table 8.2

Are you allowed the regs book in the exam?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Isn't that Table 8.2

Are you allowed the regs book in the exam?
That's what I thought but apparently not. He did hint at the lighting circuit being a 5 second disconnection time and 8.2 is for 0.4s. I'm really not sure what he's talking about. I may have to go back to him and see what its all about.

Thanks old sparkles
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:33 am

That's what I thought but apparently not. He did hint at the lighting circuit being a 5 second disconnection time and 8.2 is for 0.4s. I'm really not sure what he's talking about. I may have to go back to him and see what its all about.

Thanks old sparkles
I'm using a slightly older book, but the note under Table 8.1 says 5s disconnection times are not given for breakers as they are intended to operate in the instantaneous tripping zone

I shall keep looking and see if I can see anything else.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hey all, just thought I'd share these two links with you. Its part of an electrical exam in qld and should give you some idea of what to expect -

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4gx...p=docslist_api

And

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4gx...p=docslist_api

Hope it helps...
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Also just a quick one.

With maximum demand load groups can anyone clarify when you use the lesser number I.e you have 100 lights split over three phase, does this mean 5+3+etc for each or is it 5+3 for the first phase then just 3+ for the rest? If I had 1 3 phase 10a/ 2*20A and 1*15A gpo's what would be the grouping? If anyone has a link or something that could explain a little better that would be awesome...

Cheers
Sparkyjames

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.