LICENSE IN WA

Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all
Default LICENSE IN WA

Hi Gang,Good news is got my visa last week 457 sponsored to work for a company near Perth WA..bad news is me pc crashed and im on an hour a day at the local library!My employer informs me i must have a license to work before i go about my Alicense....help,info and links please....well thats me time up..thanx noggin...pissed off!:curse:
Old Jul 21st 2007, 7:27 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LICENSE IN WA

Originally Posted by noggin
Hi Gang,Good news is got my visa last week 457 sponsored to work for a company near Perth WA..bad news is me pc crashed and im on an hour a day at the local library!My employer informs me i must have a license to work before i go about my Alicense....help,info and links please....well thats me time up..thanx noggin...pissed off!:curse:
I'm assuming you have a successful TRA application?
If so, you now need to apply for an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trade Certificate), the following link should help:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm
(The assessment can only be sent to an address in Australia, but can be applied for from the UK after your visa has been granted, hopefully you have somebody who can provide you with a contact address)

Once you have an ARTC , you need to visit the office of energy licensing:

http://www.energysafety.wa.gov.au/en...formation.html

The staff there are pretty helpful. You have to provide your ARTC, and an application form for an A grade electrical license- form R018, at the following link:

http://www.energysafety.wa.gov.au/en...l.html#general

The licensing board then require you to take the practical exam followed by the short theory once you have been successful at the practical.

While you are in the application process, you can apply for a license to work under supervision- form R010 at :

http://www.energysafety.wa.gov.au/en...l.html#general

Hopefully this will give you an idea of what is needed.
Good luck.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Gobbyjock u are a BLOODY STAR..my plan..got my TRA general electrician dec06,visa granted last week,will apply for myARTC this week and use my brothers address in Perth,as mechanic hopefully.Can i apply for my restricted license from UK? or do i have to wait untill i arrive in WA, and apply for both then?My employer wants me on board as soon possible,will i need a letter to confirm this to apply for the restricted license,arethese granted quickly or as per aussie whenever!...still no internet connection:curse::curse:
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:21 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Gobbyjock u are a BLOODY STAR..my plan..got my TRA general electrician dec06,visa granted last week,will apply for myARTC this week and use my brothers address in Perth,as mechanic hopefully.Can i apply for my restricted license from UK? or do i have to wait untill i arrive in WA, and apply for both then?My employer wants me on board as soon possible,will i need a letter to confirm this to apply for the restricted license,arethese granted quickly or as per aussie whenever!...still no internet connection:curse::curse:
You can't apply for a license from the UK, but it will only take 2-3 weeks for the supervised license to arrive from applying. On the form for a supervised license there is a section for your employer to sign, stating the license number and classification of your "supervisor", prior to you submitting the application.I suppose you could fill in the blanks as far as possible, send the form to your sponsor to complete their section and have it ready at your brothers house for your arrival.
Any more questions, feel free to ask- i'm in the middle of the above at the moment- got my practical exam for electrical fitter on the 30th July, and will take the theory as soon as possible after that- talking to the lady at the TAFE, she can get me a theory exam with only a couple of days' notice, but the practicals are the ones that might hold you up- limited number of places per week.
Cheer up, soon be in Oz.
Neil (lilstewie- in on the wife's login-AGAIN)
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanx for that mate,going to send my ARTC away in the nextfew days,will i need any more certified copies when i get to oz?cos they dont get em back from TRA or ARTC do u ?Think ill follow yr advice and have the form waiting at my brothers when i arrive...2-3weeks for a temporary license to work! bloody hell..whats the weather like over there?What books do u need for the theory exams over there? thanx again Noggin...still no internet connection:curse:...ps does the ARTC take about 4weeks to get back...
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for that mate,going to send my ARTC away in the nextfew days,will i need any more certified copies when i get to oz?cos they dont get em back from TRA or ARTC do u ?Think ill follow yr advice and have the form waiting at my brothers when i arrive...2-3weeks for a temporary license to work! bloody hell..whats the weather like over there?What books do u need for the theory exams over there? thanx again Noggin...still no internet connection:curse:...ps does the ARTC take about 4weeks to get back...
At the minute, it's chucking it down and looks like it's here for about a week...
With regards to the certified copies, you'll need them for the ARTC application, but i've not needed any so far.Apparently, J.P.'s over here don't charge, so bring your originals with you and get them certified here if needed.Books wise, the aussie wiring regs and the cable selection guide are needed for the A grade exam, and i think steve'o has posted about some good aussie wiring books- try a search.
See ya later
Neil (not using the wife's gobbyjok login for a change)