Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

License through correspondence

License through correspondence

Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Default Re: License through correspondence

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Nice one Lee some good news at last

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...7/36_20_31.gif

Well if they stick to it that is!

Good luck in Jan mate

Dougie

cheers mate.
lets hope if they make any changes it takes ages for them to implement them!

lee.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

FoxyRuthie;
i got an email from Kate at PEER yesterday, i was asking if a person failed can they resit the following day, she said most students book in for 2 days if for some reason they fail then the 2nd day they sit with the instructor who goes over the points a student may have missed or may be a little weak on. so all in all if you fail by a small percentage they are there to drag you through.
However if the fail is bad then a resit may be in order she said they can only resit the exams within the time scale at PEER (meaning when there is an opening). now then the lady also said the people that fail lots cannot speak English, but the majority of failure's is due to people being over confident & not doing any course work at all or two little to obtain a pass.

I was disappointed to read that seeming the UK do produce very good sparkies however we also do produce sparks that think they know it all.

So people make sure your on the ball with the wiring rules & cable calc's for cable selection, from previous post on here from myself, Wendy, & Stev'O we all keep going on about being on the ball with the wiring rules & cable calcs.
so the words was from the lady at PEER if any of you have been a little lax then get of your Arses & heads back in the books.

all the best to you all
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Got back from peer last week, was feeling very concerned like probably most of you are, but really dont worry if you have completed the workbook as best you can (i left a few blank) you will be fine with the exam as it is just like the workbook. They only really glance at the workbook because they know if you haven't done it you will struggle with the exam. The exam says 4 hours on the front i took my time probably about 8 as there is no time limit. Sat the exam the first day and went back the following morning to make sure and finnish off. Glad to say i passed (the pass rate is 80%) and now my licence is in the post.
Just like to say thanks for input from everyone,

Have just been up to the gold coast for a week and brought a house(about 20 min drive from surfers) and we are moving up in December so if anyone knows of any jobs going would like to know!!

Chris
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:52 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Ball
Got back from peer last week, was feeling very concerned like probably most of you are, but really dont worry if you have completed the workbook as best you can (i left a few blank) you will be fine with the exam as it is just like the workbook. They only really glance at the workbook because they know if you haven't done it you will struggle with the exam. The exam says 4 hours on the front i took my time probably about 8 as there is no time limit. Sat the exam the first day and went back the following morning to make sure and finnish off. Glad to say i passed (the pass rate is 80%) and now my licence is in the post.
Just like to say thanks for input from everyone,

Have just been up to the gold coast for a week and brought a house(about 20 min drive from surfers) and we are moving up in December so if anyone knows of any jobs going would like to know!!

Chris
so where abouts in the GC have you bought mate ??
Old Nov 10th 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

The Very south of pacific pines, older part backing onto reserve, we would have liked to have brought in helensvale but nothing around we liked in budget. we stayed at burleigh heads not far from you i think.

Chris
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:39 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Ball
The Very south of pacific pines, older part backing onto reserve, we would have liked to have brought in helensvale but nothing around we liked in budget. we stayed at burleigh heads not far from you i think.

Chris
thats right we are in worongary on the opposite side of the M1 from robina