Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

License through correspondence

License through correspondence

Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:24 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: License through correspondence

Ive been told there are lots of tossers (Sparks) from Europe in the UK now with very little knowledge & NO safety practices< just what the doctor ordered.?????

Anyway mate we are here, helping other decent people to gain this nightmare license.[/QUOTE]

6 week course maximum & they give you an nvq level 3 as a fully qualified electrician, no formal training=pants.A lot of the tossers are from uk but used to just be "handy men" get a part p ticket and away they go, nose dived here big time,good luck to em!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:48 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
DOUGIE AN LOUISE;
the OZ gov wont be reducing anything regarding the licecsing i can assure you of that mate thats due to the accidents caused by people, if anything you may find it getting tougher, but once people doing the licensing get used to the exams again they will be fine, its a ball ache for folk doing it again.
Sorry mate it meant to have read that i hope (after i have entered of course ) that the Oz government have there head screwed on regarding immigration.
So when they have enough of a particular trade they will reduce or stop the intake of that particular trade, so it does not end up like england where there is too many people all after the same jobs and that causes the rate to be reduced and only lines the pockets of the agencies andf the like.

I agree totally with the detail required to gain a electrical licence in Oz and belive it will keep the shite sparks out (most of them anyway!)

so again just thought i would give you my 2p's worth

Sorry i mean 5 cents worth

Dougie
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

sparkatrician is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=The_Pom_From_Aus;6858138][QUOTE=WarrenG;
they are not used to much else mate there are different type of cables for applications, but in the main its T&E, NO Pyro hardly ant SWA.
the UK are not over the top just good installation work & good sparks.

You shall have to do exams for the A class license its as simple as that mate, in Victoria its horrific, S/A PEER is a mix of wiring rules & cable calcs & some more but as i said before they are decent people.
Make sure you have all the right books, read & understand the wiring rules from back to front, every paragraph & sub paragraph.

The new wiring rules book is much easier now than the older one its more direct No Ambiguity just direct rules, people in the old book took advantage of the rules & that's when massive problems occurred.

if i get ow't from PEER regarding any sample exams i shall pass them on to you all.

regards[/QUOTE]
I'm trying unsuccessfully to get in touch with peer in adelaide by email.

Could anyone PM me an email address for a contact at PEER

Cheers
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

[QUOTE=sparkatrician;6871077]
I'm trying unsuccessfully to get in touch with peer in adelaide by email.

Could anyone PM me an email address for a contact at PEER

Cheers

hi mate, i have used the same contact at peer (gorica) for everything and she has been fantastic.

will send you her address

good luck.

lee.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Prob due to all the "not a spark" types that have been using false qualifications to get into oz,not just sparks all trades.
I think it will make it better for us when over there because all the cowboys & polski not spark cost cutting I did a six week course and know it all type of rubbish that has got into the trade can stay here to turn out the light.
Very True!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

sparkatrician is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Lee!.

I think doing it by correspondence over the cold winter months will help keep me thinking of australian sunshine!

:-D
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=The_Pom_From_Aus;6858138][QUOTE=WarrenG;
they are not used to much else mate there are different type of cables for applications, but in the main its T&E, NO Pyro hardly ant SWA.
the UK are not over the top just good installation work & good sparks.

You shall have to do exams for the A class license its as simple as that mate, in Victoria its horrific, S/A PEER is a mix of wiring rules & cable calcs & some more but as i said before they are decent people.
Make sure you have all the right books, read & understand the wiring rules from back to front, every paragraph & sub paragraph.

The new wiring rules book is much easier now than the older one its more direct No Ambiguity just direct rules, people in the old book took advantage of the rules & that's when massive problems occurred.

if i get ow't from PEER regarding any sample exams i shall pass them on to you all.

regards[/QUOTE]

That would be great if you could. Please keep us posted
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=leeob77;6871212]
Originally Posted by sparkatrician

hi mate, i have used the same contact at peer (gorica) for everything and she has been fantastic.

will send you her address

good luck.

lee.
Hi lee how are you getting on with your course, im now on the etsa utilities and finding it a pain also found a few questions in the wiring rules part where i could'nt find the answers !! i fly out on sunday goodbye UK ! hope to take the exam end of november.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy;

i was talking to PEER yesterday from Jan 2009he way they do the A class license is all changing due to federal laws, they said they shall let me know ASAP with info for people, i also gave them this site to post to migrants direct they say they are thankful to you, stevo, & myself for pointing people to PEER S/A so they may be able to assist people direct on here.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy;

i was talking to PEER yesterday from Jan 2009he way they do the A class license is all changing due to federal laws, they said they shall let me know ASAP with info for people, i also gave them this site to post to migrants direct they say they are thankful to you, stevo, & myself for pointing people to PEER S/A so they may be able to assist people direct on here.

Excellent Bet they've been busy
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Chris Ball;6874931]
Originally Posted by leeob77
Hi lee how are you getting on with your course, im now on the etsa utilities and finding it a pain also found a few questions in the wiring rules part where i could'nt find the answers !! i fly out on sunday goodbye UK ! hope to take the exam end of november.
not done much with it for a while. been enjoying being a dad too much!
going to get stuck into it again. got exam dates confirmed for 5th and 6th of january. sorted flights from perth. just need to organise a hotel now!

nice to hear from you again. good luck.

lee.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Wendy;

any idea what the changes will be?
my exam is on 5th and 6th of January.

cheers.

lee.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
Info on licensing after Vetassess and visa

http://vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?menu=1.3a#tsa_OTSR
Hi Wendy - Thanks for this info.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Glapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really nice

[QUOTE=Chris Ball;6874931]
Originally Posted by leeob77
hey Chris, I'm at the same stage as you on the Peer course work - Just started the etsa section but I have decided to give it a rest for a couple of weeks cos it's more of a pain in the ar#e.

I'm not flying out till feb15th so I'll start to do more revision just after xmas so i'm on top of it for the exam. After you've done the exam what else do you have to take with you to get the Licence - Exam result, ARTC electrical mechanic or fitter cert - but do you need to do a cpr course.

Good luck with the move

Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

I dont think you need the CPR course for SA, Does anyone know if the CPR is state recognised so if i do it in Victoria will it be any good in QLD !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.