License ASAP why so hard

Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:31 pm
Am a Sparky get me outa ?

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice
Default License ASAP why so hard

Hi done vetassess thing 2008 but finally able to move with the cert 3 I obtained you have to do 12 months log book bollocks and are only able to brush up not going to pay bills in very expensive oz.
Is there a faster way to obtain unrestricted license and what's best state to do it in I've heard wa is bit of a nightmare to get work and I love Perth.

Ta fellow sparks
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

colinmaclec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: License ASAP why so hard

There is no other way to get an A grade quicker now. SA with an ARTC is the last loophole I believe or you can work unlicensed win NSW. Make sure you can afford to support yourself for a while as work is getting harder to get here especially for new migrants.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colinmaclec
There is no other way to get an A grade quicker now. SA with an ARTC is the last loophole I believe or you can work unlicensed win NSW. Make sure you can afford to support yourself for a while as work is getting harder to get here especially for new migrants.
Yep - 3 months in and nothing yet. Managed to get interviewed 3 times so far, but no job. Have the gap training starting next week, so have something to do anyway
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:50 am

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice

Thanks colin an sparkles . Given me something to think about how are you both finding oz i found it expensive last time i was there in 2011 compared to uk.
Sparkles i find it bit worrying that still no job 3months in!
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 10:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tombo1979
Thanks colin an sparkles . Given me something to think about how are you both finding oz i found it expensive last time i was there in 2011 compared to uk.
Sparkles i find it bit worrying that still no job 3months in!
I'm in industrial maintenance and didn't start job hunting hard until we were set up with new address. Have managed to get at least one agency on board, but agencies are hard as you are never a perfect match for them without the A class. I don't find it too expensive, but I was living down south so mortgage was high. I have had first bills in for utilities, and despite being winter, all cheaper than UK (gas, elec and water). Spend about the same shopping but shop different to how I did in UK, and not a big drinker (plus I'm a girl - I get away with drinking wine )

I have gap training from next week at Peer for 3 weeks, so hopefully once that's done, I'll manage to find something
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 10:40 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

shame you don't have the A grade yet Sparkles,
there's lots of work doing the meter swap outs at
present, $37.50 an hour in Melbourne about a years work
I've heard. look up Zinfra on seek, both sides of town too.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by paulf
shame you don't have the A grade yet Sparkles,
there's lots of work doing the meter swap outs at
present, $37.50 an hour in Melbourne about a years work
I've heard. look up Zinfra on seek, both sides of town too.
Thanks for that paulf
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:10 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

oops just noticed your in SA,
Thought you were in Vic for some reason, sorry
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by paulf
oops just noticed your in SA,
Thought you were in Vic for some reason, sorry
That's okay - someone else in the same boat will see the news
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 8:13 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Yep - 3 months in and nothing yet. Managed to get interviewed 3 times so far, but no job. Have the gap training starting next week, so have something to do anyway
might be worth asking wendy if she knows of anything, she did a lot of research into electrical maintenance in Adelaide several years back but may still know some places you've not thought of? worth a punt

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=45632

steve
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by steve`o
might be worth asking wendy if she knows of anything, she did a lot of research into electrical maintenance in Adelaide several years back but may still know some places you've not thought of? worth a punt

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=45632

steve
Thanks Steve
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:21 am

Dumb ? How do you get onto the electrical forum?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:00 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

lost me there mate?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is already in the Electrical forum!