Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

kiwi spark wants to be an Aussie spark - how do I do that?

kiwi spark wants to be an Aussie spark - how do I do that?

Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:02 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute
Default kiwi spark wants to be an Aussie spark - how do I do that?

Hey you West Islander, (lol), sparkies, Almost had it up to here with our dire building market, our wonderful 'gis the money EWRB, and our even 'better do bugger all' Mr Keys. So I'd thought I might give it go on the western Island. Never had to fight off a snake whilst driving an earth rod before!

As a registered Electrician/Inspector with current practising licence for NZ what would I need to do to be able to work as a sparkie / inspector in say NSW/Victoria/Queensland ?????
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: kiwi spark wants to be an Aussie spark - how do I do that?

You can just get a licence under mutual recognition i think. This is the link for QLD.
Dave

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Re: kiwi spark wants to be an Aussie spark - how do I do that?

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
Hey you West Islander, (lol), sparkies, Almost had it up to here with our dire building market, our wonderful 'gis the money EWRB, and our even 'better do bugger all' Mr Keys. So I'd thought I might give it go on the western Island. Never had to fight off a snake whilst driving an earth rod before!

As a registered Electrician/Inspector with current practising licence for NZ what would I need to do to be able to work as a sparkie / inspector in say NSW/Victoria/Queensland ?????
Get your brain removed, chuck all your decent tools away, and make sure your work is as rough as possible! You'll go far