Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

just back form peer tech ,adelaide

just back form peer tech ,adelaide

Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice
Default just back form peer tech ,adelaide

stopped at hotel called the "seaton" on tapleys hill rd,nothing fancy but ok 50 bucks a night and they do a wicked 500g rump for tea .I choose that hotel cause it didnt look to far from peer on google maps,in reality its about a 20 minute walk but ok.Its a 21 buck taxi ride from the airport.

1 st day at peer was revision,4 of us there, i cant stress enough DO the revision day if youve been studying at home with the work book,and also DO the workbook,they check it.
i was a bit stuck with max demand and ccc but the guy was very helpful and even did a couple of hrs 1 to 1 until i cracked it .

the exam itself is based on 20 pages of 4 sections of which 80% of each section has to be passed,and they are vey strict about the 80% you dont pass,you dont get the cert, simples.
They are strict yes but fair,he marked my exam paper and i cocked up the max demand and was down a few marks on other sections so he gave me another chance (after a few pointers)and i finnaly passed.

learn max demand thouroghly, learn current carrying capcity /ambient temp/core temp and the equations that go with it........you WILL get questions in the test.

any questions from about it ,dont hesitate to ask

anyways i`m off to get a job now ive got my liscence
Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:12 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just back form peer tech ,adelaide

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
stopped at hotel called the "seaton" on tapleys hill rd,nothing fancy but ok 50 bucks a night and they do a wicked 500g rump for tea .I choose that hotel cause it didnt look to far from peer on google maps,in reality its about a 20 minute walk but ok.Its a 21 buck taxi ride from the airport.

1 st day at peer was revision,4 of us there, i cant stress enough DO the revision day if youve been studying at home with the work book,and also DO the workbook,they check it.
i was a bit stuck with max demand and ccc but the guy was very helpful and even did a couple of hrs 1 to 1 until i cracked it .

the exam itself is based on 20 pages of 4 sections of which 80% of each section has to be passed,and they are vey strict about the 80% you dont pass,you dont get the cert, simples.
They are strict yes but fair,he marked my exam paper and i cocked up the max demand and was down a few marks on other sections so he gave me another chance (after a few pointers)and i finnaly passed.

learn max demand thouroghly, learn current carrying capcity /ambient temp/core temp and the equations that go with it........you WILL get questions in the test.

congrats mate
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Congrats and good hunting

Regards

Kevin
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:18 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Nice one mate made up for you

Dougie
Old Nov 28th 2009, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

cheers guys

i really posted this for a bit of info for any1 going there soon.

its taken me nearly 4 months of waiting for the ARTC and doing the work book to getting my liscence !!!

as a matter of interest,just been looking on "seek" for work.......i last checked about 3 or 4 weeks ago and there was 1 page of jobs ,now, there are 4 pages .......things must be looking up
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:19 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

cheers guys

i really posted this for a bit of info for any1 going there soon.

its taken me nearly 4 months of waiting for the ARTC and doing the work book to getting my liscence !!!

as a matter of interest,just been looking on "seek" for work.......i last checked about 3 or 4 weeks ago and there was 1 page of jobs ,now, there are 4 pages .......things must be looking up
Nice one sounds like things may be on the up then!

And you dont need telling but once your in the circle and get working / chatting with lads on site there will be a lot of work that doesn't make it to the WWW an positions get filled via word of mouth.

Good Luck an keep us informed

Dougie
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Nice one sounds like things may be on the up then!

And you dont need telling but once your in the circle and get working / chatting with lads on site there will be a lot of work that doesn't make it to the WWW an positions get filled via word of mouth.

Good Luck an keep us informed

Dougie
yeah its just getting in the circle !!!!
a few jobs in the "australian" this saturday,gonna try my luck at those.
there seems to be a few "solar" related positions in there,i`m quite interested in this,any of you guys out there into this??

went to a barbie at a mates this saturday evening and was chatting to a few guys ,both aussie and pom,and they all said self employed was the way to go,is this the case??????

cheers
nige
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

well done Nigel!!

just got a couple of Qs, im getting ready to take my exam....

Is the exam timed or can you take as long as you want? and how quickly can you book and take the exam after you complete the workbook and feel ready? I mean are the exam dates already set?

Cheers guys
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonsparx
well done Nigel!!

just got a couple of Qs, im getting ready to take my exam....

Is the exam timed or can you take as long as you want? and how quickly can you book and take the exam after you complete the workbook and feel ready? I mean are the exam dates already set?

Cheers guys
i`d book as soon as you`ve finished.
when i was there ,there were 4 of us and they let us start the afternoon on the 1st day (about 1.30 till 4.30) then all of the second day,and to be honest i needed it !!!! but i think officially its 1 day revision and 1 day for the exam.
i never felt "ready" after my book cause max demand confused me a bit and the calcs for CCC but after the morning revision i was alot more confident.you get questions on these aswell and you have to show working out on the paper for core temp/ambient temp etc.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

well done!
when i did my exam at peer i found them to be a great lot. the exam is pretty relaxed but as stated make sure you have done the workbook or you arent sitting the exam.

you can start the exam any time you like. i started mine after a bit of revision on the first day. some started it on the second.
once passed, then applying for the license is a doddle. pop into the licensing office, show cert and artc. pay money, get photo done and thats it!

so ive got a license tucked in my wallet but looks like i will be here in uk for a while longer. baby no.2 due in june!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

burkelj is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went to Peer they didn't want to see the workbook, said he was too busy to do any revision so I sat the exam straight away on the 1st day. He made me go back o the 2nd day as he was being pedantic about some of the questions.
Finished after 1 hour on the 2nd day. He disappeared for an hour then I had to go look for him to get my certificate.
Joke of a place if you ask me but, it served a purpose. It's the easiest way to get a licence in Queensland so I'd recommend it!
Luke
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

shaun_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Really sorry for my ignorance guys. just been granted visa's and intend on being in melbourne in a few months. Really stressed with the move and all the work issues. Is Adelaide and the artc the best way of being australian qualified?? Sorry again if this is old ground!!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

snofun is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys all booked in for this tuesday? done the work book didnt seem too bad, but am i stressing too much about the exam, like the uk you can use the regs for refferance?

steve
Old Feb 26th 2010, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello all,

It's an open book exam, some of the questions are multichoice, and there no strict time constraints, the staff are helpful and don't stress just ask.

Regards

Kevin
Old Feb 27th 2010, 11:04 am
Just Joined

The Hallidays is an unknown quantity at this point

What great info. My hubby just waiting for his ARTC then gonna do the PEER course and sit his exam when we come over in May.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.