Just about there!

Old Nov 4th 2010, 1:26 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just about there!

I have nearly completed the PEER book. Got about 40 pages to go plus I gotta go back and redo the max demand. But the point of this thread is about the next step. Hoping to go to Adelaide around the 7th of next month. Any good hotels close to the place? Do I / should rent a car? If I do stay near the place. Is there pubs or restaurants close by? Anyone else heading down around the same time? Thanks in advance. JS
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just about there!

not alot going on around the peer centre better off staying in the city and get the train in. i stayed at the YHA hostel which was a big mistake for the noise.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:40 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone stayed at this place?
http://www.lindylodgemotel.com.au/
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:44 am
Freedom!

What about parking? Is there places to park that are free?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Andi1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, there are free park spots in front of the peer building.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I have nearly completed the PEER book. Got about 40 pages to go plus I gotta go back and redo the max demand. But the point of this thread is about the next step. Hoping to go to Adelaide around the 7th of next month. Any good hotels close to the place? Do I / should rent a car? If I do stay near the place. Is there pubs or restaurants close by? Anyone else heading down around the same time? Thanks in advance. JS
How long are you planning on staying for, and what kind of thing do you like to do in the evening?

I don't know the area very well, even though I do work on Port Road - but I am nearer the city. It's not the nicest of area's, but if you're only staying for one or two days and are happy to sit in a bar for a few hours on an evening, then it's not too bad.

Personally I would look at staying in the City (avoid Hindley Street), or even better North Adelaide. Otherwise, maybe look at staying in West Beach? nice area and close to the beach (hence the name lol)

I would come and say hello, but I'll be just on my way back from the UK on the 7th Dec.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

hello all,
i stayed at the Lindy lodge, clean and tidy, shopping mall across the road and a good 45 minute walk to Peer, I wouldn't bother with a car, the bus service is good, after the exam jump on the bus to the city center and get you licence, then a taxi to the airport.

regards

Kevin
Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:20 pm
Freedom!

Originally Posted by Kevin S
hello all,
i stayed at the Lindy lodge, clean and tidy, shopping mall across the road and a good 45 minute walk to Peer, I wouldn't bother with a car, the bus service is good, after the exam jump on the bus to the city center and get you licence, then a taxi to the airport.

regards

Kevin
I'm thinking i might stay till the 3rd day. Just incase. I dont want to be rushing. If for some reason you didnt finish on the second day. Are you allowed a third day? But I'm more worried about time. If i dont finish with time to get into the city. I would need the next day to do that.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 4:50 am
Freedom!

Booked in to PEER for the 7th. Anyone else going down?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:51 am
Freedom!

Apparently my trainer is Jess. Anyone had them?