IF anyone knows??

Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:18 am
Just Joined

alpha888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IF anyone knows??

Hey I am 17 and very keen to become a elecrician but I am taking some GCSE in college and a hardware computing course. I will be hopefully studying to be a elecrician but if anyone knows any websites I can learn off can they please tell me the link. xD thanks
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IF anyone knows??

Hi Alpha,
I'm not an electrician, my hubs is...
If you speak to your career's advisor at college they will inform you of the course to take after you finish your GCSE's but first you will need to decide what type of electrician you want to be...

My husband is a Self Employed Electrician, works away a lot and does contracting for big hotel chains Hilton, Ramada Jarvis, Marriott.. Refirbs on rooms etc.. Also shop fitting, house rewires, boards etc....

We live in the north and he earns about £38k he's 27 and went to uni after a levels at school, then tossed uni off for college to be an electrician as course at uni wasn't what he wanted to do.... he's been doing this job for about 6 yrs..

hope this helps...

ps. the guy who owns the firm that Si virtually runs is on excess of £90k. (that the tax man knows about, i'm sure!)

We were gonna buy a partnership from him but decided to cut the hours and move to Oz for Quality time together......... oh and sun, sand and sea!

hope this helps you with your decision!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:18 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alpha888
Hey I am 17 and very keen to become a elecrician but I am taking some GCSE in college and a hardware computing course. I will be hopefully studying to be a elecrician but if anyone knows any websites I can learn off can they please tell me the link. xD thanks

Get an apprenticeship. Go to all the big companies and ask. Thats how you become a spark. An apprenticeship. Not some little course. 4 years you are looking at. Good luck. BTW you can't move to Oz as a sparky unless you have worked as a spark for 7 years in total.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Jockstar,

Dont think thats accurate. My OH did full time at college for 1yr then day release for another 1 1/2 yrs. Didn't have an apprenticeship, just worked for a contractor. When finished college he worked loads of overtime and got supervisor.

If you go to college INSTEAD of apprenticeship you dont have to have 7 yrs on the job training. this info is either on TRA website or IMMI site... Have def read it this week as we are applying to TRA now.

As long as you are fully qualified City and Guilds this should be ok...

However you didnt mention wanting to come to OZ did you?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the official website to stop any confusion

www.workplace.gov.au

Pay attention to this form in particular

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...ia4Oct2006.pdf