IELTS

Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice
Default Re: IELTS

Ok I think I get it! So when you go not the gov website for visa info why does it say Tra as the people who assess?

Thanks again
Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
Ok I think I get it! So when you go not the gov website for visa info why does it say Tra as the people who assess?

Thanks again
Because they have overall responsibility for all trades. This is delegated to certain RTO's for people from certain countries looking to work in licensed trades which is explained on the TRA website.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Because they have overall responsibility for all trades. This is delegated to certain RTO's for people from certain countries looking to work in licensed trades which is explained on the TRA website.
Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2014, 12:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
Thanks
no worries
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Jimsanto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi shaw86 well done on the ielts mate, I got a 7.5 on one of my scores but needed 8 or above on all. I noticed your link on the book I can't open it was wondering if you could tell me what it's called? I am re sitting it on dec 13 th
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Jimsanto
Hi shaw86 well done on the ielts mate, I got a 7.5 on one of my scores but needed 8 or above on all. I noticed your link on the book I can't open it was wondering if you could tell me what it's called? I am re sitting it on dec 13 th
The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers with DVD-ROM (Cambridge English) (Paperback)

I got 7.5 for listening first time round (straight from nightshift) but also needed 8's. I just went with practice stuff found on the net and was all good second time round (took the night off )
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Ha well done mate, I got 7.5 for reading, got a 9 for listening my mrs couldn't believe that. Said I have selective hearing thanks again for your help buddy. When did you receive your PR?
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:42 am

Ha well done mate, I got 7.5 for reading, got a 9 for listening my mrs couldn't believe that. Said I have selective hearing thanks again for your help buddy. When did you receive your PR?
2 years ago - been here 18 months and got cert III / full license end August this year
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Nice one mate happy for you. So do you think when I send all my documents off vetassess will just want to do a technical interview as I already have an A grade license? That would save a lot of dollars on the assessment and travel.
So you only been in oz 18 months what visa did you come over on?
Old Nov 6th 2014, 6:15 pm

Nice one mate happy for you. So do you think when I send all my documents off vetassess will just want to do a technical interview as I already have an A grade license? That would save a lot of dollars on the assessment and travel.
So you only been in oz 18 months what visa did you come over on?
I'm on PR - 176.

If you already have license, I assume you have ARTC and Wiring Rules - send them off with UK quals and I would think you would get pathway 2 - tech interview
Old Nov 8th 2014, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks again for your help mate. Have you done a technical interview? Do you know what's involved?
Old Nov 8th 2014, 1:58 am

Thanks again for your help mate. Have you done a technical interview? Do you know what's involved?
No, I've done the prac assessment. Did do a tech interview with Vic Uni before they realised they had to do the practicals, and it was pretty straight forward. Covered much the same as the theory test and motor stuff, safe isolations, risk assessments, etc with some basics of cable selection, tools, installation methods, etc. Not sure what Vetassess do. Think there was a thread around somewhere. You could try the advanced search function using 'technical interview' as the search of the electricians forum. Search button is in the peach button bar above.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all your help mate, really appreciate it. Will post to see if anybody has sat it