Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

I went TRA route for ARTC and might need trade test. Info Pwease!

I went TRA route for ARTC and might need trade test. Info Pwease!

Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

Frazer56754 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I went TRA route for ARTC and might need trade test. Info Pwease!

Hi
I was granted my PR visa in 2007 via the skilled route. I was assessed and passed by TRA in 2006 before vettasses existed. I have recently applied for my ARTC (electrical mechanic) and they have notified me that it is in the que waiting to be checked. They also said that I "might" need a trade test, does everyone have to do this trade test if they did not go through vettasses?
I did send a lot of evidence but im just a bit worried now.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I went TRA route for ARTC and might need trade test. Info Pwease!

Originally Posted by duncanross80
Hi
I was granted my PR visa in 2007 via the skilled route. I was assessed and passed by TRA in 2006 before vettasses existed. I have recently applied for my ARTC (electrical mechanic) and they have notified me that it is in the que waiting to be checked. They also said that I "might" need a trade test, does everyone have to do this trade test if they did not go through vettasses?
I did send a lot of evidence but im just a bit worried now.
i pretty sure its a standard reply and in the past trade tests whehn requested ( not always ) have been either a phone call or a proper practical test it depends on how they read your experiance on your application, there is a list on here from sparks123 which listed all the questons he had on his phone interview, but it may never happen so you`ll have to wait till the electical liceing committee review your case

regards steve
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Frazer56754 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I went TRA route for ARTC and might need trade test. Info Pwease!

Thanks for the wise words. I was granted my artc today so very happy now that dark cloud has finally gone. Just the regs to do now Just one other thing though, my ARTC was assessed by a W.A comitee as I told them I intended to live in Perth. Would I still be able to do the regs at peer even though I wont be living in S.A.
Cheers ;0)

Last edited by Frazer56754; Jul 21st 2010 at 7:58 pm.