British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   how much does the whole process cost (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/how-much-does-whole-process-cost-554678/)

jonnyd Aug 11th 2008 9:38 pm

how much does the whole process cost

hi all,
what i mean is doing the vettasses using an agent, medicals etc and when do you have to put the cash up

i would be going with my partner both under 30 (not that it would make a difference to the price i guess)

carl-ang Aug 12th 2008 12:09 pm

Re: how much does the whole process cost

Originally Posted by jonnyd (Post 6670126)
hi all,
what i mean is doing the vettasses using an agent, medicals etc and when do you have to put the cash up

i would be going with my partner both under 30 (not that it would make a difference to the price i guess)

Hi jonnyd

Estimate costing that we have spent so far

Vetassess - not much change of £1000 (for paper assessement and practical)
Visa Application - it came to about £1100
Medicals - £666.00 ( 2 adults & 3 kids)
Police checks - £150

Then not forgetting all the little extras like passport photos (you need them for nearly every form).

We didnt use an agent. So all in all not much change from £3000.00.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Carl & Ang

Davy Aug 12th 2008 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyd (Post 6670126)
hi all,

Hi Jonnyd,pretty much as carl-ang has said cost wise.You'll find some useful info on the D.I.M.A website regarding migration agents.They have a list of agents registered with MARA (Migration Agents Regulatory Authority)Costs can vary according to what class of visa you are applying for & how much work your application will require.
Good luck,lisa&Davy.

leeob77 Aug 12th 2008 3:15 pm

reckon for about another £1500 to £2000 if you go with an agent.
i didnt need to go through vetassess but i reckon in the region of £4k for me ( i did use a migration agent and personally would reccommend using one if like me you go through tra for skills assessment instead of vetassess.)

lee.

docgp Aug 12th 2008 4:09 pm

about 3500gbp so far and im still here!

No agent used but it does add up ie hotel for vetassess another 50gbp fuel to practicals etc etc

it will be worth it

good luck

jonnyd Aug 12th 2008 5:24 pm

thanks for all the replys

only problem i have now is I've been told i need 2 years post apprenticeship experience and i'm currently doing my AM2 this week so got one hell of a wait till i can land in oz.

unless anyone knows any different?
was gonna look into employer sponsorship

carl-ang Aug 12th 2008 6:17 pm

Johnny,

I think you only need the 4 year experience if youre applying for those points, sparkies are on the modl list so if you have a sponsor you may have enough points to apply.

If youre good at "reedin n ritin" you can also take an English exam to bump youre points up....

you really need to read and read the application forms so you know the best way to get the highest score you can for the visa youre going for.

Good Luck

Carl:thumbsup: