Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

How many pages were in your ARTC???

How many pages were in your ARTC???

Old Feb 24th 2007, 12:17 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default How many pages were in your ARTC???

Well i thought i was about ready to send off my ARTC but im starting to wonder if iv put enough down???
I know its quality that counts, ie what you put in there, but how many pages long were your ARTC applications. Iv done about 35 pages with certificates and photos, reference from my boss plus the application form itself. I cant think of anything else to write. Do i really need to go into detail on every job i have ever done. Surely they must get the jist of what your capable of????
I just cant belive that they sit and read every page from every guy some of which put applications in that are hundreds of pages long????
Stu
Old Feb 25th 2007, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many pages were in your ARTC???

Originally Posted by stu:0
Well i thought i was about ready to send off my ARTC but im starting to wonder if iv put enough down???
I know its quality that counts, ie what you put in there, but how many pages long were your ARTC applications. Iv done about 35 pages with certificates and photos, reference from my boss plus the application form itself. I cant think of anything else to write. Do i really need to go into detail on every job i have ever done. Surely they must get the jist of what your capable of????
I just cant belive that they sit and read every page from every guy some of which put applications in that are hundreds of pages long????
Stu

Hi Stu. My hubby's TRA and ARTC consisted of certified copies of his certificates and training records. 1 x 1 page ref from a guy to cover his work at an agency that went bust, 2 x 2 page references from last employer, 1 x 2 page reference from the guy he did his apprentiship with and finally a 3 page letter on works he's done and tools etc.

So 10 pages plus his certs and that's it
Old Feb 25th 2007, 2:28 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Stu
when i did my TRA i got all the syllabuses from every course id ever done and chucked them in aswell.cost me a bloody fortune but it left nothing to chance. just hit them with information overload.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
when i did my TRA i got all the syllabuses from every course id ever done and chucked them in aswell.cost me a bloody fortune but it left nothing to chance. just hit them with information overload.

Aye Stu, do that cos hopefully they'll look at your application and go OMG, just give him the bloody thing
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:04 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Well that makes me feel a little better guys! And ye that is a good idea mr young i shall give the college a ring tomorrow and see if i can get hold of them. My only worry there is city and guilds 236 stopped a few years ago???

Stu
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Hi John got his from them and it cost £30.Was from back in 1974,sent them with his ARTc.
Cheers Lorri
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:07 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by youngy73
Well i rang city and guilds and its £34 for each syllabus you require but i struck lucky and found the full syllabus on cd on ebay! Thats city and guilds 236 parts 1,2 and c certificate full courses for £4. Hopefully i can print off the basic syllabus to pop in with the ARTC.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:00 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Well i rang city and guilds and its £34 for each syllabus you require but i struck lucky and found the full syllabus on cd on ebay! Thats city and guilds 236 parts 1,2 and c certificate full courses for £4. Hopefully i can print off the basic syllabus to pop in with the ARTC.
hey can i buy it off you when your done?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:24 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by thewoodz
hey can i buy it off you when your done?
Dont be daft, its only £4. I will email it to you, should be here in the next couple of days.

Stu
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Dont be daft, its only £4. I will email it to you, should be here in the next couple of days.

Stu
Would say you will have more than enough info, Stu. My John's was even less than Wendy's hubbie and we had no problem. Having said that, we're here nearly a year now and John just has his appointment with the TAFE guy this afternoon after finishing his 22 week course in December. We couldn't send off the licence application until he sees this guy and he signs him off. Should eventually have licence in 2-3 weeks though. Its been a hard slog to get this far. Btw, my hubbie's from Ambleside..... I lived there myself for 10 years. Small world. Best of luck with everything. Michelle x
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:15 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Would say you will have more than enough info, Stu. My John's was even less than Wendy's hubbie and we had no problem. Having said that, we're here nearly a year now and John just has his appointment with the TAFE guy this afternoon after finishing his 22 week course in December. We couldn't send off the licence application until he sees this guy and he signs him off. Should eventually have licence in 2-3 weeks though. Its been a hard slog to get this far. Btw, my hubbie's from Ambleside..... I lived there myself for 10 years. Small world. Best of luck with everything. Michelle x
It is a small world isnt it! Well that sounds good about your application, hopefully mine should be ok then. I just get a little paranoid when you here of people filling in hundreds of pages! Im seriously thinking of going down to South Autralia to get the licence and back up to Queensland to convert it. Cheats way out but bugger it! Iv got a copy of the regulations but finding it hard work getting going reading it. Its a case of been there done it and dont really want to do it again even though i need to!

Stu
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is a small world isnt it! Well that sounds good about your application, hopefully mine should be ok then. I just get a little paranoid when you here of people filling in hundreds of pages! Im seriously thinking of going down to South Autralia to get the licence and back up to Queensland to convert it. Cheats way out but bugger it! Iv got a copy of the regulations but finding it hard work getting going reading it. Its a case of been there done it and dont really want to do it again even though i need to!

Stu

Hubby never read the regs

The guy gave him a worksheet to fill in with the relevant quotses, and gave him a sheet of paper with the answers on. All he had to do was look up the reg number and write in what it said.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:34 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Stu
cheers if our paths ever cross i shall owe you several

Stu
Yea MrW's a bit like that he can do "everything" but having to read about it or put it down on paper and his mind just goes a wandering........

by the way your little man still kills me
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:16 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by thewoodz
cheers if our paths ever cross i shall owe you several

Yea MrW's a bit like that he can do "everything" but having to read about it or put it down on paper and his mind just goes a wandering........

by the way your little man still kills me
Its getting a good airing before we get to hot sticky oz!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:15 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hubby never read the regs

The guy gave him a worksheet to fill in with the relevant quotses, and gave him a sheet of paper with the answers on. All he had to do was look up the reg number and write in what it said.
Hey up wendy where has all your karma reputation gone, im gone send you some! Oh no i cant, iv allready ent you some.
It just gets better and better this south australia licence

Stu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.