British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   How long is artc taking these days to process??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/how-long-artc-taking-these-days-process-748858/)

australia_bound Feb 17th 2012 9:17 pm

How long is artc taking these days to process???

Hello, I have just sent off my ARTC application and am wondering does anyone know how long it is taking for them to be processed of late? Providing everything is satisfactory that is. My friend posted his in November and had his ARTC obtained in 6 days!! I'm guessing he was just lucky, I heard somewhere they review them at the start of every month is this right?

I put a lot of time and effort into the application, with a lot of help from reading and sifting through all the threads here in this forum. I would like to thank everybody who has posted questions and answers here, I'm sure you have been a great help to many people, including myself.

elect42 Feb 19th 2012 7:41 pm

Re: How long is artc taking these days to process???

If youve sent from UK expect months, alot of us here are waiting and have waited months.

If you live in OZ expect at least a month or so Ive a friend that got his in 6 weeks, 6 days I would find that hard to believe as its first come first served, there has been a big backlog this for months thats straight from TRA website.

Goodluck

australia_bound Feb 20th 2012 8:41 pm

okay, thanks for the advice

fishraiser Feb 27th 2012 1:35 am

Originally Posted by australia_bound (Post 9911865)
okay, thanks for the advice

hey,buddy. where did you send your ARTC application form and supporting documents? and how? I want to know about this, because I'm going to submit my case. However I have no idea to do with that though I have prepared my papers. thanks.

tetley86 Mar 2nd 2012 7:45 am

I've just sent mine off to,

Trades Recognition Australia GPO Box 9880
Canberra ACT 2601 Australia

And got the confirmation email, so must be the right address.

fishraiser Mar 6th 2012 2:06 am

Originally Posted by tetley86 (Post 9931120)
I've just sent mine off to,

Trades Recognition Australia GPO Box 9880
Canberra ACT 2601 Australia

And got the confirmation email, so must be the right address.

Tetley86, I appreciate your help. I have sent my enquiring Email about this issue to TRA on 1st March but haven't got any response till now.

hhls Apr 10th 2012 5:14 am

I guess it may need 4-10 weeks.

australia_bound Apr 21st 2012 3:38 pm

TRA received my artc application 6 weeks ago, still nothing back, to say I'm getting impatient is an understatement. I know people on this forum have waited much longer than this, but some friends of mine received theirs quicker, so I'm expecting it every day i check!

colmmaguire Apr 23rd 2012 9:09 pm

Is it best to do this before i leave for australia or is it easier to do once there?

australia_bound May 12th 2012 4:12 pm

Artc electrical mechanic granted! Took 8 weeks from they recieved it.