Hi New poster.

Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Originalrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi New poster.

Hello everyone, i just have a few questions for those sparkies who migrated to Victoria, in particular Melbourne.
I understand most the hoops i have to jump through to get my licence in Victoria, the ARTC, exams, 12 month supervised licence, blah blah.
Are employers willing to take on "L" plate sparkies?
What tools are expected of an employee spark? ladders? sds drills? iam just wondering what type of car or ute i will need for the first year or so till i can eventually work for myself.
well that will get the ball rolling, any information, sugestions about Melbourne will be much appreciated. Thanks for your reply Rob, UK.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi New poster.

Originally Posted by Originalrob
Hello everyone, i just have a few questions for those sparkies who migrated to Victoria, in particular Melbourne.
I understand most the hoops i have to jump through to get my licence in Victoria, the ARTC, exams, 12 month supervised licence, blah blah.
Are employers willing to take on "L" plate sparkies?
What tools are expected of an employee spark? ladders? sds drills? iam just wondering what type of car or ute i will need for the first year or so till i can eventually work for myself.
well that will get the ball rolling, any information, sugestions about Melbourne will be much appreciated. Thanks for your reply Rob, UK.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum.

If you e-mail my friend Arthur he'll be able to answer this question for you. http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=48619
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Wendy!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Ah i have to post 3 times before i can PM someone, hence this post bout nothing!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 9:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Originalrob
Ah i have to post 3 times before i can PM someone, hence this post bout nothing!
but it says so much
Old Oct 13th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Wendy,
Rob has been in touch with a short email i have given him some info but not a great deal i don't want to frighten him away, i have told him to email me at home then we can chat in more depth, i also suggested he may want to to the A class license in S/A for the reasons we both know, but we shall see how he goes.
How is life with you i see your still helping people here thats very good also do you have any info on the new Training setup where sparks can do some training in the UK with this mob Vateese or what the hell they are called.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Hello Wendy,
Rob has been in touch with a short email i have given him some info but not a great deal i don't want to frighten him away, i have told him to email me at home then we can chat in more depth, i also suggested he may want to to the A class license in S/A for the reasons we both know, but we shall see how he goes.
How is life with you i see your still helping people here thats very good also do you have any info on the new Training setup where sparks can do some training in the UK with this mob Vateese or what the hell they are called.

Hey honey

I've been speaking with Rob too, so hopefully we've helped him decide which way to go.

I'm still not sure what is what with the Vetassess stuff, I guess we won't know for sure until the first lot of people start arriving. I know the practical will give them a certificate for a provisional licence, so I'm guessing that will replace the need for an ARTC?? (can't see the TRA being happy about that though, so we'll see). I would imagine that they'd still have to do the wiring rules course when they get here, or it could be the other way around and they do the wiring rules there, and have to apply for an ARTC here? Purely guesses for now.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy;

if people do there training in the UK, i bet you to still obtain a license here it wont be any easier, they are making money hand over fist & why would they give up the monopoly so easy.
It would make my day if the training agency's lost the right to sting people.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Wendy,
You dont frighten anyone Arthur!!! xxx

Welcome to the forum mate... dont come in here very often, hubs a spark but off to Sunshine Coast, just waiting anytime now for ARTC, i think this has been the worst wait as without it we are stuffed!!

Good luck pal,

S-j x (was off to melly but Arthur scared me away!only joking that was family!)xx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

s-jmelbournewannabe;

i, happy for you all even though your of to another state you will be OK. the paperwork & the exams are somewhat different & can be a nightmare for people the morons in Victoria who run the whole training look for the slightest thing to fail people & at the end of the day if a person has no license they may be in a situation where there is no food on the table for there family's but the training shit for brains don't give a crap about normal people thats the main reason i help people. the training monopoly here don't like me one bit they refuse to talk to me saying you help people with the theory exams, i say you bet mate & i shall do so in the future as well.watch this space i tell them
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

s-jmelbournewannabe;

i, happy for you all even though your of to another state you will be OK. the paperwork & the exams are somewhat different & can be a nightmare for people the morons in Victoria who run the whole training look for the slightest thing to fail people & at the end of the day if a person has no license they may be in a situation where there is no food on the table for there family's but the training shit for brains don't give a crap about normal people thats the main reason i help people. the training monopoly here don't like me one bit they refuse to talk to me saying you help people with the theory exams, i say you bet mate & i shall do so in the future as well.watch this space i tell them
You go guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S-j xx