Help-Volt Drop Query-PEER

Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default Help-Volt Drop Query-PEER

Hi Guys.
My OH is finally going to PEER next week and is just going over some revision again.
He is struggling with the volt drops at the moment. Any advice? Has anyone been recently and can advise what sort of questions they do on volt drops? Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm convinced he'll be fine, he's a clever guy and has done loads of work on this but he's worried he might stuff it up and it's taken so long to get to this point for us.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: Help-Volt Drop Query-PEER

Hello All,

i would say not too worry too much, the guys there are excellent and will guide him through what he needs to know, providing he has done the majority of the book they will give him every assistance

Regards

Kevin
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:50 am
Just Joined

lbb_1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello All,

i would say not too worry too much, the guys there are excellent and will guide him through what he needs to know, providing he has done the majority of the book they will give him every assistance

Regards

Kevin
Your exactly right Kevin.As soon as your through with your workbook they will give you all the assisstance you needed .I did mine as smooth as it was and got 94% score i was very happy and waiting for few weeks to have my license here in QLD
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Thanks guys. I keep telling him the same but he's nervous. No doubt he'll pass with flying colours and I can go "told you so" as usual, but he'll worry until it's all done.
Do you remember how many volt drop questions there were?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

There were none in mine

Regards

Kevin
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

ShoreyM;

they have made it easy in the wiring rules book now for selecting the mv/per/amp/meter figure for the cable you would consider using then you use this figure with the current for the load then distance then divide by 1000 for the volt drop it the figure exceeds the amount then do it again for the next size cable up.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys for all your help. He goes next week, so fingers crossed.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Hello.
He's just phoned me and he's passed !
Am so pleased for him, it's huge relief to get it out of the way.

Thanks to everyone on here who posts with good advice. It all helps, promise.

Keep up the good work and good luck to anyone else going through the process.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:29 am
Just Joined

lbb_1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Hello.
He's just phoned me and he's passed !
Am so pleased for him, it's huge relief to get it out of the way.

Thanks to everyone on here who posts with good advice. It all helps, promise.

Keep up the good work and good luck to anyone else going through the process.
congrats on the pass!