Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

help please! - stuck on peer workbook question

help please! - stuck on peer workbook question

Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Default help please! - stuck on peer workbook question

can anyone please help me?
got my workbook yesterday from peer. started filling it in but struggling on the following question:
worksheet c - Q3 - what constitutes the resistance of protective earthing conductors (plus give clause)

thanks for any help.

lee.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:58 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help please! - stuck on peer workbook question

Originally Posted by leeob77
got my workbook yesterday from peer. started filling it in but struggling on the following question:
worksheet c - Q3 - what constitutes the resistance of protective earthing conductors (plus give clause)

thanks for any help.

lee.
bump
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:37 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leeob77

thanks for any help.

lee.
flippin heck what type of a question is that???

Would i be right in thinking thou its down to :

Length of the run
CSA of the cable
Ambient temp of where the cable is routed
How the cable is routed Table 4A1 in our regs
And also the CSA of the load cable would need to be taken into consideration when choosing the CPC ??

I may be right off the track here and telling you stuff you already know but thought i would throw my 2p's worth in.

Dougie.

PS not looking forward to taking this course
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

im putting "please phrase question in plain english, not garbled australian!"
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:09 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

sounds about right is there many more vauge questions like that ?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

The length, cross sectional area and type of conductor.
Clause 8.3.5.2.b.

what did you put down for methods of segregation Q26 worksheet b?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Glapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really nice

Hi Chris,

Just noticed that you applied for your visa around the same date in feb. Have you already applied for your ARTC yet? or do you have to wait until you get the green light for the visa first?

By your last post I take it you have already applied to Peer & have started the worksheets. What was Peer like for setting all this up from over here? Do you have to det a date when you want to sit the exam with them?

Sorry it's a few questions but if I can get a head start before I arrive it will make life alot easier when I get over to Brisbane.

Thanks for your help

Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

hi glapper,

Yes i have my ARTC but they will not release the certificate until i get my visa, as for the peer course check out the link below its all the info i have.
Had no problems getting peer course sent to the uk, just having the problem doing it i haven't looked at it for about 2 months i want it to be fresh in my head so i am leaving it until a few weeks before we go, hopefully in october.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=24
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Ball
The length, cross sectional area and type of conductor.
Clause 8.3.5.2.b.

what did you put down for methods of segregation Q26 worksheet b?
cheers for that chris.
for Q26 b i wrote down the description from 7.2.8 which deals with the segregation of emergency equipment from other circuits.
on the whole i dont know if im putting too much info? really struggling for space on most questions!
pm your email address to me if you want chris and ill do the same. might be able to help each other out if we get a bit stuck?
just got up to the maximum demand questions! decided i'd rather have a few ice cold beers instead!

cheers.
lee.