Help newbie

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Dizzyone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help newbie

i'm just getting started on my journey to Australia, a bit of info to put you all in the picture.

I've spent a year in oz on a working holiday visa when i was 30 i'm 35 now 36 in November.
I'm a general class electrician with some telecoms background (6 years), industrial, commercial and domestic.
I've just done my IELT's but due to a few questions in the reading section that i got wrong i have a overall score of 8.5 (9)listening (7.5)reading (8.5) speaking (8) writing.
i'm under the impression that because of the 7.5 in reading i only get 10 points towards my visa.

My other question is about the vettasses and victoria university route's, i've ead alot of the information but my head feels like it's going to explode, what exactly evidence wise are they looking for in these processes or will they send that information to me once i've applied for trade recognition?
is state sponsorship an option for getting the extra points due to the IELTS score or should i just retake it knowing what i now know?

There's a lot to take in and i'm not sure where to start?
Also is it worth doing the medical before getting my trade recognised to make sure that i pass this part too?

Any advice would be greatly welcome

Kind regards

David Thomas
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:12 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help newbie

Also is it worth doing the medical before getting my trade recognised to make sure that i pass this part too?
You can't get the medical done untill they tell you to. The medical is one of the last things you do.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:13 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

about the vettasses and victoria university route's,
Vettesses is for immigration only. Not sure what Victorias Uni route is.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:20 am
Just Joined

also for immigration only it's the new route of TRA they've outsourced it to victoria uni basically
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:39 am
Freedom!

Originally Posted by Dizzyone
also for immigration only it's the new route of TRA they've outsourced it to victoria uni basically
Where are you from? I'm no expert on the Vetassses route. But when i done my PR. I applied TRA to get my trade recognised. Then i just applied for my residence myself. There was no Vetasses route. What do Vic Uni know about recognising trades?
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

http://www.vu.edu.au/higher-ed-tafe/...ration-program

this is the new route to trade assesment allegedly and apparently a 10 week turn around
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

i'm from Coventry UK i have city and guilds 236 part 1 and 2 i have my certs and 17th edition