help needed from you guys

Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default help needed from you guys

ive recied this form one of our electrical forum posters and wanted some input from the rest of you

i need a advise sincerlly from you i am from India granted Subcalass-136(General Electrician) and booked tickets for 12th November to Sydney along with my wife adn one year old son, i will send back them to India once initial entry procedures are completed, because i need to find a job and settle.

Please suggest me which kind of job and where can i get based on my qualifications and experience immediately on my arrival to survive, i am ready to work any where, because if i start working to earn something for my expenses i can do other courses for getting A grade Liense as you advised previously, i will give brief details about me as given below because i cant attach my resume, so you are requested to advise me.

I have applied for ARTC from India and waiting for result

I have been working in the Electrician Profession after completing my National Trade Certificate Course and Apprenticeship Training for 13 years.

I am well experienced in Installation, maintenance and trouble shooting of MCC panels, Induction motors, Transformers, starters, circuit breakers, Programmable Logic Controllers, CNC machines, Servo Drives and Motors, Variable Frequency Drives, Power and Control Panels design and implementation for industrial automation Etc..

Thanks and Regards

well guys ?
any ideas
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Hughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to all
Default Re: help needed from you guys

He may have to look for a larger company in the Sydney area, or the area where he is intending to settle, that will be willing to give employment whilst undertaking the training for the A' Grade.

Dave
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

May i suggest that he looks to be a trade assistant on an electrical level, the pay is less but an income is an income, i am presently employed this way and with money coming in, i can go for the easiest way to obtain my license, which i believe is via PEER, it can take a fair amount of time, if your not trained or used to working on installation.

oh by the way, just because your an electrician, doesn't mean you have to go for electrical work, i have been a storeman, courier and auto parts delivery driver, it's taken me two years to get close enough to be taking my license, do not depend on the money you will achieve once you have your license, because reality is that it doesn't always fall nicely for you.

Thats my two cents worth,

Regards

Kevin
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o;

Regardless of qualifications & experience he may find it a struggle to find employment as a spark where the company does NOT check his work continually, his best bet may be to get here then go to the Tafe immediately to get on a course for the A class license.
I cannot see any other way for this bloke if he wants to work legally, the worst thing he can do is start work illegal then get caught & he is then on his way back to the country he came from