Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Has anyone done a practical exam for their ARTC in NSW?

Has anyone done a practical exam for their ARTC in NSW?

Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:10 am
Just Joined

NorthernIrishSHep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone done a practical exam for their ARTC in NSW?

Folks,

Some advice needed,

I applied for my ARTC before i left the UK after breezing through my permanent visa application and my TRA assesment. After failing the telephone interview the first time(who really remembers what they did in tech), i re-applied and have been instructed to attend a practical and theory assement in my local TAFE as a result of not supplying enough information.

I am a NVQ level 3 electrician with 10 years experience as a maintenance electrician and have a HND in Electrical/Electronic engineering. I'm not sure but what are the ARTC people looking for as evidence if i can supply employment history and certificates for all tertiary education.

Anyway, such is life, at least i'm working and not relying on my ARTC to get work, the pronblem being that my Boss has been told that i will need a license to continue to operate if the HR start snooping or if there is a accident he will be in big trouble.

So the reason for this post is, has anybody ever done a practical exam for an Electrical fitter for the ARTC and can you give me some advice. I have bought the Jim Jenson book on electrical principles and will just have to suck it up and relearn all my basic stuff but its the practical exams that is a bit of a black box, if i don't pass this time i have to wait another 9 months before i re-apply plus the extra costs ontop.

Thanks in advance, happy New Year, and can you believe i complained about a wee bit of rain on Xmas day compared to what i would have been like if i stayed at home..