A Grade License Info Needed

Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

rossandlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Grade License Info Needed

can anyone shed any light as i am getting more confused by the day.

im in sydney and ive sent away for my artc to obtain my b grade classification for an electrical mechanic
Now once i have my b grade license how do i obtain my a grade, do i need to sit a course at, tafe, if so which one? and or do i need to work under a b grade license for 12 months before i can apply for my a grade, the info i am reading is very vague.
Can anyone recommend the quickest way to obtain the a grade license

any info would be gratefully received on this as i feel i am going round in circles:curse:
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

dynamite will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Grade License Info Needed

Hi there,

I have no idea about a grade b license and have never heard of such a thing! however the ARTC allows you to apply for an electrical permit. This allows you to work as an electrician in NSW under the supervision of a licensed electrician. On completion of a course at Tafe which can run over 22 weeks or open learning ( as fast as you can do it), completion of an electrical log book and addition only to NSW 12 months electrical experience in Australia you will be issued with an A grade license. The A grade license means you can work as an electrician unsupervised. Remember, to complete the courses you must be employed. Good luck.

D