Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

A grade licence application from the UK?

A grade licence application from the UK?

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of
Default A grade licence application from the UK?

Hi - me again!

Just getting my head round the fact OH has got ARTC for Fitter rather than Mechanic (we're going to appeal ).

We think we may get the Licence from WA as it appears more straightforward and then transfer it to Qld as checked and it is possible!

I've printed off the application form for Grade A licence off energy safe website, but reading it through i'm not sure whether we can apply for it from the UK. It needs two proofs of identity, but i'm struggling with one of the lists. If anyone's seen the application, the second list includes things like a current bank statement, medicare card, utility bill etc. I'm not sure whether they'd accept uk ones obviously not the medicare card!).

It would have been great if it could be done from the UK as then OH could book himself on the exams they state he'll need to pass first before we leave the UK!

Look forward to your responses!

Thanks

Jo
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A grade licence application from the UK?

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi - me again!

Just getting my head round the fact OH has got ARTC for Fitter rather than Mechanic (we're going to appeal ).

We think we may get the Licence from WA as it appears more straightforward and then transfer it to Qld as checked and it is possible!

I've printed off the application form for Grade A licence off energy safe website, but reading it through i'm not sure whether we can apply for it from the UK. It needs two proofs of identity, but i'm struggling with one of the lists. If anyone's seen the application, the second list includes things like a current bank statement, medicare card, utility bill etc. I'm not sure whether they'd accept uk ones obviously not the medicare card!).

It would have been great if it could be done from the UK as then OH could book himself on the exams they state he'll need to pass first before we leave the UK!

Look forward to your responses!

Thanks

Jo

Hello again,

I don't think you can apply from there, but I do know that some people on my hubby's course hadn't even sent off for their ARTC here but were still able to do the course. So I'd say look into getting him booked on a course in WA and then send off the licence as soon as you get here.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

why not just apply for it in qld and save all the hassle ??

look at

http://www.qet.edu.au/

for the answers

regards steve

ps i`m on this course too and its not too taxing
( o and its half the cost of the tafe course )
Old Jan 4th 2007, 8:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o

ps i`m on this course too and its not too taxing
( o and its half the cost of the tafe course )
How much is everyone paying for courses? and what sort of time commitment are they? Hoping to be in Victoria in August

ps. Steve' o, can you send me a copy of your answer to question 7. Will send you a

Thanks Pete