Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Got my licence the PEER route!

Got my licence the PEER route!

Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Mike Mitchell 1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got my licence the PEER route!

Hi all

I have just returned back to the gold coast after completing the Australian wiring rules course in Adelaide, I scored 94% and managed to apply for my licence before I flew back. I would just like to thank everyone who helped me in the process of gaining my licence especially Steve O and Wendy who advised me to go the PEER route. I was apprehensive to start with about going the PEER route but for anyone thinking of going that route I would definitely recommend it. The guys at PEER are really helpful but you have to put the work in and complete the workbook at home as there was a guy who turned up and hadn't completed the book and they told him he couldn't sit the exam until the book was complete. He had flown from Perth, so there's your warning if your thinking of just answering a few questions and then nipping down for a quick exam. If I can be of any help to anyone please feel free to contact me

Thanks again

Mike
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:30 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got my licence the PEER route!

Nice one Mike

Let us know how you get on work wise in your area

Dougie
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Well Done Mike, we have just passed our practical so have all of this to come!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mike Mitchell 1981
Hi all

I have just returned back to the gold coast after completing the Australian wiring rules course in Adelaide, I scored 94% and managed to apply for my licence before I flew back. I would just like to thank everyone who helped me in the process of gaining my licence especially Steve O and Wendy who advised me to go the PEER route. I was apprehensive to start with about going the PEER route but for anyone thinking of going that route I would definitely recommend it. The guys at PEER are really helpful but you have to put the work in and complete the workbook at home as there was a guy who turned up and hadn't completed the book and they told him he couldn't sit the exam until the book was complete. He had flown from Perth, so there's your warning if your thinking of just answering a few questions and then nipping down for a quick exam. If I can be of any help to anyone please feel free to contact me

Thanks again

Mike
Congrats and welcome to the club!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:25 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks again

Mike
well done mike
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Congrats Mike,

It took them less than a week to send my licence to sunny Qld.

Regards

Kevin
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:09 pm
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

Hi all,
I am a fully qualified electrician in the uk,
I am coming over to live in perth for one year on the wifes skills (nurse) on her visa. maybe longer if we settle well,
Can i apply for an tra's artc whilst still in britain?
I think i'm going for a licence via peer tafe in adelaide, sound by far easyer way,
But what can i apply for whilst in britain? artc? peer booklet to start filling in?
Will i not be allowed to work in the electrical industry without a licence?
Soooooooo glad i've found this web site.

has i've understood my steps should be
1= apply for a tra's artc certificate,
2= complete peer booklet and sit exam
3=take both documents to Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (OCBA) in Adelaide, fill in form pay fee,
4= apply for a WA licence though energy safe WA.

would be great for any info,
warren thomas,

ps, lifes never simple is it.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:13 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warren thomas
Hi all,
I am a fully qualified electrician in the uk,
I am coming over to live in perth for one year on the wifes skills (nurse) on her visa. maybe longer if we settle well,
Can i apply for an tra's artc whilst still in britain?
I think i'm going for a licence via peer tafe in adelaide, sound by far easyer way,
But what can i apply for whilst in britain? artc? peer booklet to start filling in?
Will i not be allowed to work in the electrical industry without a licence?
Soooooooo glad i've found this web site.

has i've understood my steps should be
1= apply for a tra's artc certificate,
2= complete peer booklet and sit exam
3=take both documents to Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (OCBA) in Adelaide, fill in form pay fee,
4= apply for a WA licence though energy safe WA.

would be great for any info,
warren thomas,

ps, lifes never simple is it.
hi warren ive just answered most of these in the other thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594007

regards steve

ps once you get into it, it all drops into place
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

congratulations!

well done mate.

lee.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Mitchell 1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the messages of congratulations!

Mike
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Hi all

Thanks again

Mike
Hi Mike please could you tell me how to go about the peer route, I'm asking on behalf of my oh, he has passed tra and has a 136 visa, I understand you can do the course from the uk and take exam on arrival in oz, could you please give me info on this and also how and where to get the appropriate books many thanks
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:34 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by saville
Hi Mike please could you tell me how to go about the peer route, I'm asking on behalf of my oh, he has passed tra and has a 136 visa, I understand you can do the course from the uk and take exam on arrival in oz, could you please give me info on this and also how and where to get the appropriate books many thanks
when you say he passed the tra do you mean he`s got a tra cert or an artc cert ??
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

He's got a tra certificate
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Check this out post 24
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=509956&page=2
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:40 am
Worongary

He's got a tra certificate
then he needs to apply for an artc

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

down load the application form and ge crackin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.