British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Got the ARTC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/got-artc-402640/)

supersonic4 Oct 17th 2006 6:41 am

Got the ARTC

Well Lorri's brother said it's there, in Aus waiting for me,a ARTC as a fitter,don't know if I am as happy as I should be,was hoping that it would be a Mech ,not fitter but knew that not doing any house bashing to put on the application would not help, but thought my mining years would have helped.
So onward and the next battle,licencing!
Will see what there is next to to post on here,
John :(

john_w Oct 17th 2006 6:52 am

Re: Got the ARTC

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Well Lorri's brother said it's there, in Aus waiting for me,a ARTC as a fitter,don't know if I am as happy as I should be,was hoping that it would be a Mech ,not fitter but knew that not doing any house bashing to put on the application would not help, but thought my mining years would have helped.
So onward and the next battle,licencing!
Will see what there is next to to post on here,
John :(

Fantasic news John.. how long did it take to come through after you applied, and did you basically put in your TRA stuff with a bit more electrical info.?
Waiting for my visa to come through so I can get mine posted off.
Good luck for the license.

supersonic4 Oct 17th 2006 7:11 am

Originally Posted by john_w
Fantasic news John.. how long did it take to come through after you applied, and did you basically put in your TRA stuff with a bit more electrical info.?
Waiting for my visa to come through so I can get mine posted off.
Good luck for the license.

They recieved it on the 22sept,so must be pretty well on their timescale of 20 days for ARTC.I had a spouse visa so didn't do a TRA as such.I think that the info I put in would be the same as for a TRA.Gave them everything I had,about 160 pages of certs,and statements ect.
Cheers john

supersonic4 Oct 17th 2006 9:05 am

Ok guys,am looking at in Qld waiting until August before I can have a full Fitters licence according to one of the tafe guys I rang,that is working somewhere with a permit, filling in a log book and other crap!
Considering whether to try and get it in WA,seems like it might be simpler,all I want to do is get a licence ,not some crap permit or whatever and start work.
Any one gone though the WA licencing?
Any idea's?
Cheers John

gobbyjock Oct 17th 2006 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Ok guys,am looking at in Qld waiting until August before I can have a full Fitters licence according to one of the tafe guys I rang,that is working somewhere with a permit, filling in a log book and other crap!
Considering whether to try and get it in WA,seems like it might be simpler,all I want to do is get a licence ,not some crap permit or whatever and start work.
Any one gone though the WA licencing?
Any idea's?
Cheers John

There is a post by baldbutts on here somewhere- with a title something like
getting an electrical license in W.A.(warning little or no humour in this one) You should recognise it-it's the one that comes up whenever anyone asks about getting a license, but it is part of quite a good thread.
Congrats on the ARTC by the way-better than a kick in the teeth. OH has all this to look forward to-he has just had his JIB card issued, as a maintenance electrician and electrical fitter-whether it will help or not is another matter.
All the best.