GOOD LUCK

Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

markzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nice
Default GOOD LUCK

hello

just wanted to shout GOOD LUCK to everyone going for there tests next week , wish you all the best x x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice
Default Re: GOOD LUCK

Yeh ditto that and as mine will hopefully be in July any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Thanks guys, fingers crossed for everyone else going through this too.

Let us all know how it goes.

How are you getting on with your application - markzoesean?

Mel
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Thanks guys! Two more sleeps

Spending a few days away with the family after Mondays practical so it will be a few days before i can pass on any info!

Good luck to all!

Carl & Ang
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

markzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nice

hi mel
not so good really weve gone with go matilda the person who is helping us is concerned that if we went vetassess we could get a positive but are not diac requirement worthy? even though marks worked as a maintanance electrician/technician for the last 10 years ? !, thinks we should go for tra special class when they bring pathway back, but we dont have 900 hours and to be honest i dont think the tra will bring back the pathway .
so our only option is to give the vetassess a try .
mark can do everything that has been listed on expat by steve o, dols, 3 phase etc , but he is worried about the wiring reg questions,
as he is not a domestic electrician.
we emailed vetassess and told them our concerns and they replyed
[/QUOTE]Hello there,
in reply to your questions as a general electrician, in the practical assessment for the general electrician, you will be required to show you are competent in the trade as an electrician, as you say you work in industrial area of the trade the practical assessment will not concentrate on the domestic area of the trade, there will be a series of technical questions, on the underpinning knowlege of the trade in general, the practical assessment will centre around 3 phase DOL's starters and fault finding and repair of the same.
I hope this helps you ?
If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact me .[/QUOTE]

so i think before we make a desicion i will be looking on here to see what people say about test questions .hopefully we should get things in full swing and make it for the july test if we deceide to do it .
any advice/comments welcome xx
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,
in reply to your questions as a general electrician, in the practical assessment for the general electrician, you will be required to show you are competent in the trade as an electrician, as you say you work in industrial area of the trade the practical assessment will not concentrate on the domestic area of the trade, there will be a series of technical questions, on the underpinning knowlege of the trade in general, the practical assessment will centre around 3 phase DOL's starters and fault finding and repair of the same.
I hope this helps you ?
If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact me .

so i think before we make a desicion i will be looking on here to see what people say about test questions .hopefully we should get things in full swing and make it for the july test if we deceide to do it .
any advice/comments welcome xx

What I would say is, if you can't pass the vetassess stuff then you may have trouble getting past the ARTC stuff, if you can't get the ARTC then you may struggle with a job when you get here. PM me and I will send you some stuff that we submitted which may be able to give you some idea - this will clarify if you should go for it or not
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck everyone! I hope it's easier than everyone is expecting! Let us know how you get on. We are all thinking of you and keeping our fingers crossed.

Best wishes!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

I suppose the only difference with our OH's may be that mine has recently finished the City and Guilds electrician course at college - he did this specifically to emigrate - but he has worked on the railways for 18 years and not solely domestic. I can get him to let you know what he thinks after he's done the test, he will have more of an idea probably from the difference between him and those sparkies who work full time in the domestic side.

In the meantime, keep positive and keep looking forward!!

Mel

Last edited by melbert; Apr 5th 2008 at 3:45 pm. Reason: shorter reply
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

A huge GOOD LUCK to all the sparkies doing Vetassess this week and next

Think I prefer doing the paperwork thanks