Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Glad i am paying for an agent

Glad i am paying for an agent

Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:44 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Glad i am paying for an agent

Lets face it electrician are not badly paid and I'm glad I've engaged an agent. It's reading here that has reassured me. All the wondering whether enough info has been included or if you have gone OTT is something I hopefully won't have to worry about now.

If it all goes smoothly and I'm left pondering whether the agents fee's were a waste of money I'll have another look on here at the apparent uncertainty that I avoided for the sake of £2K over the course of a year or so.

I am going down the TRA route as a special class as it seems the most appropriate given my industrial trained maintenance bbackground(Ford Motor Co) and my agent agrees - if it does go pear shaped which hopefully won't happen I'll have to do a vettasses assessment although I'll be more worried about the house bashing aspects than the motor connection part - I can do it but it is just not my bag and it has been wholly confined to work around the house!

Anyway just some thoughts, it would be interesting to see if anybody shares my view as most on here seem to be going solo.

Looking forward to a barbie already!

Cheers
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:45 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Glad i am paying for an agent

Like you we paid for an agent and glad we did, reading these forums and then the forms can be very confusing.

Our agent helped us with any question we had and gave us step by step instrusions on what they needed and how it was to be laid out. Cant fault them.

It made things a lot easier for me (I mean our lass) to do the paperwork.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 4:39 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice
Default Re: Glad i am paying for an agent

Correct, we too used an agent..

Goodluck with your visa application.

Agent appointed March 2008
TRA sent 16/7/08 (Electrician Special Class)
TRA result SUCCESSFULL 8/8/08 YIPPEEE!!
MODL 175 LODGED ONLINE (BY AGENT) 27/8/08..

LET THE WAIT BEGIN!!