Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Getting an Australia Electrical License in the UK ??

Getting an Australia Electrical License in the UK ??

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice
Default Re: Getting an Australia Electrical License in the UK ??

Can someone please clarify the rules for the contractors licence.I have my qld licence (just).But on the application form for the contractors licence the business person has to have 5 years business experience.As i did not have my own company in the UK does this mean i have no chance for the contractors licence
Cheers Greg
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

greg123;

why dont you phone them & ask them what the score is tell them you worked for a company for xxx amount of years. im sure there are loads of people in the same boat as you mate.

the idea of this course is to show students what is involved in running a business, this means its for people starting there own business.???

Arthur

is you search for a bloke called Stev'O on here he lives in QLD he is very good as Steve he shall give you really good info.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greg123
Can someone please clarify the rules for the contractors licence.I have my qld licence (just).But on the application form for the contractors licence the business person has to have 5 years business experience.As i did not have my own company in the UK does this mean i have no chance for the contractors licence
Cheers Greg
no if you can proove 5 yrs experiance ( i did via my accountants in the uk )
this just means you dont have to do the whole of the contractors course

no experiance and your doing all the modules

give chris a ring ( see post 13 on previous page ) and if your happy with his help enroll for the contractors course its far quicker than doing it at the local tafe

just my opinion mate

good luck

steve
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o;

well done mate i thought you would give the man the info he needs, Hey my mate works in Manchester & he was telling me there is no bloody work at all there now for sparks.??