Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrical Australian Minimum Context Gap course 80970ACT

Electrical Australian Minimum Context Gap course 80970ACT

Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

tallleedslad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Australian Minimum Context Gap course 80970ACT

Hi guys, I just booked in to do the gap training at Peer Veet in South Australia. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this course and could give me an idea of what I'm in for, how it's assessed, difficulty in comparison with the Vetassess OTSR, wiring rules/regs course etc. I tend to be a bit of a nervous tester just trying to be ahead of the 8 ball.

Also Peer have told me this course and my logbook is enough to get my licence but surely you'd need the wiring regs too?

Any help GREATLY appreciated,

Regards,

Tony

Last edited by tallleedslad; Jun 10th 2015 at 12:20 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 11th 2015, 11:52 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical Australian Minimum Context Gap course 80970ACT

Originally Posted by tallleedslad
Hi guys, I just booked in to do the gap training at Peer Veet in South Australia. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this course and could give me an idea of what I'm in for, how it's assessed, difficulty in comparison with the Vetassess OTSR, wiring rules/regs course etc. I tend to be a bit of a nervous tester just trying to be ahead of the 8 ball.

Also Peer have told me this course and my logbook is enough to get my licence but surely you'd need the wiring regs too?

Any help GREATLY appreciated,

Regards,

Tony
Hi Tony,

You'll cover the regs as part of the course. There's a few tests along the way, but they're straight forward and you have lots of time to practice. If you do fail one, there is opportunities to take the tests again.

The hard part will be getting an employer so you can complete the log book, but the PEER guys are also pretty helpful there with putting you in touch with anyone they know who can help
Old Jun 12th 2015, 12:35 am
Just Joined

tallleedslad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical Australian Minimum Context Gap course 80970ACT

That's great mate, the employment part is not a problem for me I already have an electrical job and mean to start my log book asap so I can hopefully have that done by the time I start the course.

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

😊