Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Gap training and vetassess complete

Gap training and vetassess complete

Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

G8 NKB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gap training and vetassess complete

Hi all, I have completed my gap training, vetassess and passed.I am now a restricted sparky. But i am now finding it difficult to find a job or sponsorship. Could anyone help me or point me in the right direction. I have been with an agents for the last 5 months but they havent found me a job. I am concerened now as time is ticking by and we were told my family and I would be living and working in Oz.
Any help would be very greatfull!!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gap training and vetassess complete

Originally Posted by G8 NKB
Hi all, I have completed my gap training, vetassess and passed.I am now a restricted sparky. But i am now finding it difficult to find a job or sponsorship. Could anyone help me or point me in the right direction. I have been with an agents for the last 5 months but they havent found me a job. I am concerened now as time is ticking by and we were told my family and I would be living and working in Oz.
Hi there,
Welcome to the forum and BE. Sorry, but I'm a bit confused with the info you've posted.
Are you living in Australia now or are you in the UK and still awaiting your visa?
If you've only just passed VETASSESS then you still have a long way to go.
If you're in OZ now then try www.seek.com.au for starters
Regards Derren
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

where did you do your "gap training" ??
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:54 am
Just Joined

G8 NKB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
where did you do your "gap training" ??
Iam still living in the uk.
I went to London for my gap training.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Iam still living in the uk.
I went to London for my gap training.
Hi there again,
I am presuming your looking for sponsorship in order to get a visa. If you're lucky enough to get one from the UK then you may be granted a visa sub class 457 Employee Nominated Scheme and could be granted a visa within 3-6 months of lodgement of an application to DIAC. I think your chances of securing sponsorship from the UK are slim at best. I can only vaguely remember 1 case of someone securing sponsorship and they were in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa.
If you apply for a 175 skilled independent visa then it takes them about 18-24 months to process this from the time you lodge the application with DIAC.
If you go for state sponsorship 176 then it 's about 12-18 months from date of lodgement.
Also, I don't know what kind of 'agent' you're using but migration agents are not responsible for finding jobs or potential sponsors. They only provide assistance for the visa application process. I would suggest you approach a MARA registered migration agent such as www.gomatilda.com to discuss your options.
Their initial consultations are free.
Regards Derren