Finding a job is hard.

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:40 am
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all
Default Finding a job is hard.

I arrived in perth on the 20th sep, on a 457 working visa attached to the wife(nurse). i am a fully qualified electrician in england, i have filled in my TRA, waiting on the out come of that, so haven't got a A-Class licence yet,
Since arriving i have tried recruitment companies, no joy, applying for jobs on the internet, no joy, rang nearly every electrical contractor in the yellow page's, no joy, all i get is= come back when you have your A=Class, no problem then.
Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction??
Help please,
Warren.
(bull creek)
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a job is hard.

warren thomas;

once you get your TRA you should get the ARTC mechanic license this then enables you to do courses for the A class licesne or Unrestricted electrical license, i would recommend you go Via PEER in S/A they do a correspondence electrical course cost about $900 dollars inclusive of exam at PEER in S/A when you have done the workbook examples from the book your then ready for the exam at PEER.

its over 2 days 1st day revision (Do It) 2nd day wiring rules exam Theory only, if you can do all examples in the work book you shall pass the exam.

once you have completed the exam you go to the S/A licensing division Energy safe. then fill in the paperwork & you can then transfer the license to the state your living in so the license shall be posted to your home, about 10 days all up.

i would be phoning them direct
PEER VEET
1042 Port Road
Albert Park SA 5014
Phone +61 8 8348 1200
Fax +61 8 8348 1201

they are fantastic people to deal with, if you need more info email me on here

Arthur
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Warren,

i registered with lot's of agencies, and not for just electrical work, because of the licence situation you can only apply for trade assists, if you get anything else then it's dodgy, i used to deliver spare parts to various place and everywhere i passed i dropped in my cv, It's better to lose a few dollars in pay than it is not to work. Keep your chin up and venture down a different avenue until the licence is sorted,

Regards

Kevin
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

Tell me about finding work.I'm in Brisbane with a permit to train and been here since May and still have'nt got a job.I've applied for dozens all types of work but no joy.Not even labouring jobs.
Deceiding to fly out to WA to get licence through energy safety that is the only option with OTSR.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

greg123;7

No its not mate you can go to PEER in S/A & do it all over 2 days
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

isr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really nice

Can you do PEER with an OTSR ??? , or do you have to apply to TRA to get the ARTC ( on shore ) then do PEER ????.

Fanx isr999
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isr999
Can you do PEER with an OTSR ??? , or do you have to apply to TRA to get the ARTC ( on shore ) then do PEER ????.

Fanx isr999
either but the quickest way is with an artc otherwise a logs books required which leaves you ina catch 22 position no licnce no job no job no log book
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve`o;

well said mate its as simple as that
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

If you have OTSR you can go to WA and do 2 week course.Then if successful you get your licence no log book or job required.Then transfer to state of your choice.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:42 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greg123
If you have OTSR you can go to WA and do 2 week course.Then if successful you get your licence no log book or job required.Then transfer to state of your choice.
we keep hearing about this route to a full licence
has some one done it ???
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

isr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really nice

Morning all, I think shar07 has posted that her OH is doing it in Perth 30/11/09 and its a 2 week course, so we will have to wait for then.

isr999
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:44 pm
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

Thank you everyone for your replys.
i have filled in my TRA, and waiting results,
These are the email's i have received from energy safe and CET, (college of electrical in perth).
Could save me a lot of money, not having to go to south australia

From CET
Hi Warren
Thanks for your email you are only able to do the ETL course once you have permission from Energy Safety - I have attached a registration form and cc payment form for you.When you get your letter please contact me and we can arrange for you to attend the ETL course. Courses fill up fast so the next date will be the 7th -18th of December 2 weeks full time Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm cost of the course will be $860.00 plus $310.00 for books - once you have completed and passed this course you then can apply to Energy Safety for you licence

Kind regards

Leslie Dryden
Reception/Administration Officer

From Energy safe
Hi Warren
In order to apply for an Electricians Licence in Western Australia with qualifications that are gained overseas, applicants are required to hold a Trades Recognized Certificate issued by Trades Recognition Australia. This Certificate differs from your working visa.
Once you have received your Trades Certificate from Trades Recognition Australia, you then apply to us for your electrical workers licence. You need to submit to us a copy of your trade certificate, 100 points of identification, and a completed application form, which I have attached to this email.
If your TRA endorsement is "electrical fitter" complete the electrical fitter application. If your TRA endorsement is "electrical mechanic" complete the electrical mechanic application form.
Once you have applied to us, you will receive notification that to be issued with a licence, you will be required to successfully complete the Electrical Trades Licensing (ETL) Course, which is run as a 10-week part time course or 2 week full-time course. The course is based upon the Western Australian Wiring Rules and the ANZS 3000: 2007 Australian Standards.
Once the ETL course has been successfully completed, you are required to pay the registration fee, and then a licence is issued.
For an electrical fitter, the registration fee is $201. The licence is valid for 3 years, and allows you to work unsupervised as an electrical fitter, and also to work supervised as an electrical mechanic.
http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/EnergySaf.../R093_0709.pdf
For an electrical mechanic, the registration fee is $335 for 5 years. It is an unrestricted licence.
http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/EnergySaf.../R018_0709.pdf
I hope this helps, if you have any further queries please contact this office on (08) 9422 5282.
Cheers
Robyn Nelson
Licensing Officer
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:18 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by warren thomas
Thank you everyone for your replys.
i have filled in my TRA, and waiting results,
These are the email's i have received from energy safe and CET, (college of electrical in perth).
Could save me a lot of money, not having to go to south australia

From CET
Hi Warren
Thanks for your email you are only able to do the ETL course once you have permission from Energy Safety - I have attached a registration form and cc payment form for you.When you get your letter please contact me and we can arrange for you to attend the ETL course. Courses fill up fast so the next date will be the 7th -18th of December 2 weeks full time Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm cost of the course will be $860.00 plus $310.00 for books - once you have completed and passed this course you then can apply to Energy Safety for you licence

Kind regards

Leslie Dryden
Reception/Administration Officer

From Energy safe
Hi Warren
In order to apply for an Electricians Licence in Western Australia with qualifications that are gained overseas, applicants are required to hold a Trades Recognized Certificate issued by Trades Recognition Australia. This Certificate differs from your working visa.
Once you have received your Trades Certificate from Trades Recognition Australia, you then apply to us for your electrical workers licence. You need to submit to us a copy of your trade certificate, 100 points of identification, and a completed application form, which I have attached to this email.
If your TRA endorsement is "electrical fitter" complete the electrical fitter application. If your TRA endorsement is "electrical mechanic" complete the electrical mechanic application form.
Once you have applied to us, you will receive notification that to be issued with a licence, you will be required to successfully complete the Electrical Trades Licensing (ETL) Course, which is run as a 10-week part time course or 2 week full-time course. The course is based upon the Western Australian Wiring Rules and the ANZS 3000: 2007 Australian Standards.
Once the ETL course has been successfully completed, you are required to pay the registration fee, and then a licence is issued.
For an electrical fitter, the registration fee is $201. The licence is valid for 3 years, and allows you to work unsupervised as an electrical fitter, and also to work supervised as an electrical mechanic.
http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/EnergySaf.../R093_0709.pdf
For an electrical mechanic, the registration fee is $335 for 5 years. It is an unrestricted licence.
http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/EnergySaf.../R018_0709.pdf
I hope this helps, if you have any further queries please contact this office on (08) 9422 5282.
Cheers
Robyn Nelson
Licensing Officer
Thanks for that information. Looks like good news when you get your TRA I can handle a 2 week course. Is TRA same as ARTC?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:30 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by dodge26
Thanks for that information. Looks like good news when you get your TRA I can handle a 2 week course. Is TRA same as ARTC?
nope both at the same address but
tra = trade recognistion asutaralia is for immigration use only

artc australian recognised trade certificate is whats needed to apply for a licence ( that is if you dont have an ostr from vetteses )
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

I know of 2 people who have gone through this course in Perth, both with OTSR and both now have licences and working in Perth. As said previously my OH is booked in on 30th November so will let you all know how it goes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.