Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Finally Practical Assessment Is Over!!

Finally Practical Assessment Is Over!!

Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: Finally Practical Assessment Is Over!!

Originally Posted by Porter
heres hoping for the right results for you guys.Doc did you book your english test before or after you had passed your paper assessment? Like a gamble do you!!
booked after paper assesment

realised i was five points short for skilled migration

do ielts next week, s h i t

im more worried about my ielts than the vet practical

doc
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Porter
heres hoping for the right results for you guys.Doc did you book your english test before or after you had passed your paper assessment? Like a gamble do you!!
and oh yes i love a gamble

william hill poker anyone??????

no?

shame

lol

doc
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

We are 5 points short too but going to go sponsored route dont think my OH could stand doing the IELTS it was bad enough doing the practical. Good luck with it. Do you think it will be really difficult then ?
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

I wonder how many of us are 5 points short, me too!!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shar07
Do you think it will be really difficult then ?
nothing is difficult is you study

ive heard some people breeze it and others struggle, not taking any chances!

will revise for it hard

will let you know afterwards how it was

doc
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

what are IELTS?

and how long has everyone been waiting to actually get a date for the test from when they first applied?

cheers jonny
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonnyd
what are IELTS?

and how long has everyone been waiting to actually get a date for the test from when they first applied?

cheers jonny
Ielts is the formal english test that some people require for extra points.

it is needed for general migration.

more information can be found at IELTS

dont think it will be easy, i have heard it can be difficult in some areas of the test.

exams are run weekly so shouldnt be to difficult to get on one

any more questions just ask

doc
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Any news anyone?

Mel
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

How was your IELTS Doc?

Hope it went okay.

Any news on your practical?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
How was your IELTS Doc?

Hope it went okay.

Any news on your practical?
dont get me started on the ielts!!!

it went well thankyou, just waiting for results now along with the vetassess results

ive heard that some applicants on the carpentry side have heard and they did theirs the same time as us

so should hear pretty soon

doc
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonny83
you'll b fine, i dont want to come over confident cos if ive failed i'll feel really BAD! But the practical was quite easy, the DOL makes you think abit if ur not use to doin them like me but you get a diagram and you just have to plug leads in to make it work so theres no tools used what so ever, the safe isolation is straight 4ward and the resistors part you work to a diagram again like the DOL and you use plug in leads 4 that and then on the same diagram you draw on it where you would test a certain resistor with an ammeter and show where an open circuit would b and a dead short.
Hi jonny in mirfield, am also in mirfield and just starting all this, any chance you can send a message with any advice,jason
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

OH expecting to do his practical in July can anyone give any advise on what to revise to cover most of the questions and any books we may find helpful.

And are the questions multiple choice? and roughly how many?

Thanks Karan.
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

hi, there multiple choice, he wants to revise on basic ohms law, resistor formula's and powerfactor formula's. The practical it self is quite basic to b honest, is he confident with DOL stop start motor circuits?
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karan
Hi everyone

OH expecting to do his practical in July can anyone give any advise on what to revise to cover most of the questions and any books we may find helpful.

And are the questions multiple choice? and roughly how many?

Thanks Karan.
look throw these links and you will find the info you need

link 1

link 2

there are about 20 - 25 questions and they are multi choice

good luck

doc
Old May 4th 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys thanks for the reply and links really helpful.
My OH is not that confident with DOL motors as has only been in electrics 4 yrs and has only done domestic house bashing so any info would be grately appriciated, although he is going to do an AM2 refresher course but the guy that runs it has asked him to get as much info as he can so he isn't showing him stuff he won't really need.
Thanks Karan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.