finally got license!

Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Default finally got license!

hi everyone.
just got back from a two week trip validating visas and pleased to say i managed to get license done at same time!
we stayed in perth and i flew to adelaide for a few days to sit the regs exam at peer.
congrats also to andy1961 who did the exam at the same time as me. pleased to say he passed too.
took about 5 mins to actually apply for the license at ocba. all i needed was my passport and driving license as i.d. and my artc and certificate from peer. license should be at my friends in perth in a few weeks.

ps andy asked at peer about any changes to the system and they confirmed that people coming over with ostr will have to follow a different route as those posessing artc cert. it looks like he changes are at the peer end and that you will have to do the additional training / supervised period before you can sit the exam. once you have the regs cert the licensing process with the ocba seems to be staying the same.

thanks to everyone who has given me advice on here (special thanks to wendy and steve o').

lee.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finally got license!

Originally Posted by leeob77
hi everyone.
just got back from a two week trip validating visas and pleased to say i managed to get license done at same time!
we stayed in perth and i flew to adelaide for a few days to sit the regs exam at peer.
congrats also to andy1961 who did the exam at the same time as me. pleased to say he passed too.
took about 5 mins to actually apply for the license at ocba. all i needed was my passport and driving license as i.d. and my artc and certificate from peer. license should be at my friends in perth in a few weeks.

ps andy asked at peer about any changes to the system and they confirmed that people coming over with ostr will have to follow a different route as those posessing artc cert. it looks like he changes are at the peer end and that you will have to do the additional training / supervised period before you can sit the exam. once you have the regs cert the licensing process with the ocba seems to be staying the same.

thanks to everyone who has given me advice on here (special thanks to wendy and steve o').

lee.

Yay!! Well done Lee

and also Andy
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

hi everyone.

lee.
just checking, but does that mean you are fully licenced to work as an electrician in oz?
this whole process has me so confused of what you have to do and i haven't even started an application
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

yes mate, fully licensed finally (but still living in uk till we sell house!)
south australia only have one license (electrical worker) which allows you to perform any electrical work.
as far as im aware i can use it anywhere in oz but if need be i can transfer it to another state through the mutual recognition system (can transfer to electrical fitter or mechanic).
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

Welll done mate! ;-)

Any hints for those of us still to sit it? (30th) for me!.

The closer it gets the more I'm starting to panic!

Cheers
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daviec33
Welll done mate! ;-)

Cheers

Seriously, you'll be just fine. They are really nice guys there, you won't fail.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:31 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Well done Lee & Andy made up for you and a little bit jealous too

Dougie
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daviec33
Welll done mate! ;-)

Cheers
firstly dont panic. they are really friendly and helpful. make sure the workbook is done (or nearly done) as they may refuse to let you sit the exam if it looks like you havent bothered.
they will go through as much revision as you want (max demand, cable calcs etc) and you can sit the exam when you feel comfortable.
its really laid back in the exam. you can go for a smoke / nip to the shop / have a drink, whenever you want.
i sat mine on the first day and i got asked to just re-read a couple of questions where i had put the wrong answer. i had been rushing and misread the question. got it marked while i waited. collected certificate on second day and got license applied for. should arrive in a couple of weeks at our friends in perth.
as for the license application the only i.d. i needed was my passport and driving license (both uk). they check your artc and regs certs and then you pay and get photo taken. its really easy and stress free!

really nothing to worry about. you'll be fine.

lee.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

firstly dont panic. they are really friendly and helpful. make sure the workbook is done (or nearly done) as they may refuse to let you sit the exam if it looks like you havent bothered.
they will go through as much revision as you want (max demand, cable calcs etc) and you can sit the exam when you feel comfortable.
its really laid back in the exam. you can go for a smoke / nip to the shop / have a drink, whenever you want.
i sat mine on the first day and i got asked to just re-read a couple of questions where i had put the wrong answer. i had been rushing and misread the question. got it marked while i waited. collected certificate on second day and got license applied for. should arrive in a couple of weeks at our friends in perth.
as for the license application the only i.d. i needed was my passport and driving license (both uk). they check your artc and regs certs and then you pay and get photo taken. its really easy and stress free!

lee.
Excellent news.

These max demand questions still tend to throw me a bit

Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Hughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to all

lee.
hate to say 'I told you so'.......................................So i won't!

Congratulations!! Lee, hope you get the house sold soon.

Dave
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi quick question and it has probably been asked lots of times. OH passed Vetassess can he apply for the artc as well and then go the peer route or will we have to go via the new route when we go to Perth (hope this makes sense)
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

I thought i'd already added my congrats to your thread but i hadn't, so

Congrats

Regards

Kevin
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:07 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone.

lee.

congratulations mate
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

leeob77;

well done mate a very positive post, dont foregt this every 3 years you must renew the A class license, if you forget you must do the A class license again.????

again well done it must be a weight of your mind
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

daviec33;7157634
The max demand questions are from the AS/NZ wiring Rules 3000:2007

Max demand-single & multiple domestic electrical installations
Table C1 page 350,351,352
Notes to Table C1: page 353

Max Demand-Non-Domestic electrical installations
Table C2 pages 359,360
Notes are also on this page, there is an example max demand on the next few pages in the exam you wont have time for that in victoria they give you a question relating to the max demand tables where is very short & very easy.

i shall email PEER today & ask if they are willing to give any info on the type of question for max demand.

These max demand questions still tend to throw me a bit

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.