British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Failed ARTC - Need some Help please... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/failed-artc-need-some-help-please-518467/)

Darren_Karen Mar 2nd 2008 6:39 am

Failed ARTC - Need some Help please...

Hi there,

For those of you that haven't read my threads before a quick recap.

ARTC exam early Nov, told by PEER TEC passed,
letter from ARTC last friday (not the quickest in replying!) to say failed the exam

We'll ring them on Tuesday to find out the next steps, but it looks like we need to reapply with additional evidence.

In the meantime (as we're seriously broke and need this licence fast!), would anyone be willing to PM me, with examples of their evidence, that was successful? We sent everything we did for TRA, but obviously this wasn't enough.

I know we'll need to get new letters now from previous employers, but I was hoping to type these out, for them to just print, sign and send over - so if anyone has any pointers?

Feels like this is the last chance for us. We've got the Wiring Course ready to go, so just need ARTC to get the licence.

Thanks

Karen :(

Wendy Mar 2nd 2008 11:23 am

Re: Failed ARTC - Need some Help please...

Originally Posted by Darren_Karen (Post 6005771)
Hi there,

letter from ARTC last friday (not the quickest in replying!) to say failed the exam

We'll ring them on Tuesday to find out the next steps, but it looks like we need to reapply with additional evidence.

In the meantime (as we're seriously broke and need this licence fast!), would anyone be willing to PM me, with examples of their evidence, that was successful? We sent everything we did for TRA, but obviously this wasn't enough.

I know we'll need to get new letters now from previous employers, but I was hoping to type these out, for them to just print, sign and send over - so if anyone has any pointers?

Feels like this is the last chance for us. We've got the Wiring Course ready to go, so just need ARTC to get the licence.

Thanks

There is this post Karen: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...36&postcount=2

I can also e-mail you ours, not sure how much it will help though as G was mostly maintenance. Worth looking at though - PM me your e-mail addy and I'll dig them out in the morning.

jamiefrod Mar 3rd 2008 7:19 am

Re: Failed ARTC - Need some Help please...

Originally Posted by Darren_Karen (Post 6005771)
Hi there,

Thanks

I'm about at the same stage as you, I got some help of a top bloke who knows the system inside out for my TRA so if you want a chat about what I put in pm and i'll call you. Bit confused about what you need though. ARTC should be the same stuff as your TRA is it not? And not heard of ARTC exam before. Anyhow I live in Perth with my girlfriend so feel free to contact me