Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Ever crossed anyones mind.....

Ever crossed anyones mind.....

Old Jul 19th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Ever crossed anyones mind.....

...to throw the towel in?

With all the overtime i'm doing to get the cash together, the revision for my HND resit exams and this f**king ARTC paper chase and 9 weeks to go i'm just knackered!!! For the first time I've thought what the hell am I doing!

Anyone else ever thought the same?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

DARREN1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ever crossed anyones mind.....

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
...to throw the towel in?

With all the overtime i'm doing to get the cash together, the revision for my HND resit exams and this f**king ARTC paper chase and 9 weeks to go i'm just knackered!!! For the first time I've thought what the hell am I doing!

Anyone else ever thought the same?
I know the feeling mate working late every night had a really bad day today and just got the ARTC forms this morning "OMG where to start"and trying to sell the bloody house
But i reckon it will be worth it in the end (so i keep telling myself)
so keep you chin up mate
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

yeah it will be worth it in the end! At least i've not got a house to sell too, although the money would be nice!!

Good Luck
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

DARREN1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
yeah it will be worth it in the end! At least i've not got a house to sell too, although the money would be nice!!

Good Luck
Wish we didnt have a house to sell there`s been bad floods around here even though they werent near me the houses aren't selling oh but we did get a call saying they would buy it if we knocked 25% off !!
not that desperate to sell told them to stick it
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jamiefrod;

forget the HND mate its not worth a toss over in australia your waisting your time & money, as you shall still have to do exams for the A class license
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Bit late for that now, it's paid up and just 3 exams left to do! It's given me a lot of knowledge so could be useful for moving off the tools in future or doing something more technical than throwing tray and armoured in. But your right its worthless in oz:curse:
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jamiefrod;
you may want to look at doing other courses when you get to Australia involving electronics/micro electronics + some PLC design work there is lots of that here.

as for the SWA forget that mate its hardly used at all, the same with Pyro there is T&E fire rated thats easier to use & install & cheaper sorry to say and at the end of the day most people look at costings.
You wont be installing heavy gauge tray unless you work for a contracting mob that do large industrial installations. sorry to say.
The heavy gauge tray seems to be a specialized job here for very large installs.
Most industrial stuff is done with T&E in pvs conduit or pvc duct (Trunking) steel is hardly used and for making a 90% bend or a 45% set in steel trunking forget it they are all clueless in that area, i just laugh.

best of luck with the exams, i remember doing mine a nightmare doing la'plas transforms but got there in the end then useless here.