ETL course post vetassess

Old May 18th 2011, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough
Default ETL course post vetassess

Afternoon all, as Warren has posted this course is quite easy, the only thing a few of us struggled on was the Star/Delta/Timer practical, you get 4 hrs for this in one of the workshops if all your gear is pristine then 4 hrs is ok if not you may loose some time farting about ( remember you are following apprentices ).The guy who ran the course was very helpful and allowed some guys who failed it to do it on the Friday of the 2nd week if we were on track time wise. You have a multi choice exam on each of the fridays 30 questions ( 70% pass mark ), questions range from,

Resistors in parrallel & series
OHMS law
AS/NZ3000:2007, you will be asked to state clause number and reason
Motors
Maximum Demand
Safe Isolation
CPR

These are just a few of the things covered, the exams are open book so its not bad at all.

When you have taken the course and passed you then have to wait approx 10 days before contacting Energy Saftey to find out if they have given you your A licence.

Good luck to you all and anyone I can help I will.

ER
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ETL week 1.pdf (101.6 KB, 370 views)
File Type: pdf
ETL week 2.pdf (101.9 KB, 282 views)
Old May 18th 2011, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice
Default Re: ETL course post vetassess

Thank you, that's really helpful.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by english reject
Afternoon all, as Warren has posted this course is quite easy, the only thing a few of us struggled on was the Star/Delta/Timer practical, you get 4 hrs for this in one of the workshops if all your gear is pristine then 4 hrs is ok if not you may loose some time farting about ( remember you are following apprentices ).The guy who ran the course was very helpful and allowed some guys who failed it to do it on the Friday of the 2nd week if we were on track time wise. You have a multi choice exam on each of the fridays 30 questions ( 70% pass mark ), questions range from,

Resistors in parrallel & series
OHMS law
AS/NZ3000:2007, you will be asked to state clause number and reason
Motors
Maximum Demand
Safe Isolation
CPR

These are just a few of the things covered, the exams are open book so its not bad at all.

When you have taken the course and passed you then have to wait approx 10 days before contacting Energy Saftey to find out if they have given you your A licence.

Good luck to you all and anyone I can help I will.

ER
Nice one,

Do you need all three books to do the course and are they easy to get hold of? I've only got a couple of days from landing in Perth until I start the course so wondered where you can get hold of them.

thanks
Paul
Old May 20th 2011, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Paul you can buy them the morning you start the course they have them all on site, if you need any more info just ask.I did the course at Jandakot wich one are you doing it at ???.

ER
Old May 21st 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi Paul you defo need both regs books, the other 2 are helpful because you are given a folder on day 1 with questions in and the answers are in the books. You will use the books for reference as well in your open book exam. The file you are given is basically course work that can be presented to Energy Safety if they want further proof of your competency.

ER
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

deanc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
What are the names of the books or do you just go and ask for the books for electrical licence course and they give you the 3 books
Regards
Dean
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

1. AS/NZS 3000:2007 Wiring Rules
2. AS/NZS 3008.1.1 :2009 Electrical Installations (optional)
3. Electrotechnology Practice & Electrical Trade Principles by Jeffery Hampson (2 pack)

Link
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Hi Paul you can buy them the morning you start the course they have them all on site, if you need any more info just ask.I did the course at Jandakot wich one are you doing it at ???.

ER
Thanks ER,

I had originally only looked at Balcatta as per Warren Thomas' post,not realising it also ran at Jandakot.
I am just waiting for my letter to come from energy safety so I can book Jandakot as we are heading to Port Kennedy, so it will be much closer.

Thanks
Paul
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Huh, I am also waiting for the letter from energy safety. Who knows, maybe we will be in the same group!
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paul were are in PK it takes about 35 mins to get there from here, Balcatta is a nightmare of a drive in the morning traffic ( 2hrs in a morning into Perth 40 mins normally ).

ER
Old May 23rd 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deyan
Huh, I am also waiting for the letter from energy safety. Who knows, maybe we will be in the same group!
If its the one run in October, then it would be nice to see you.

Hi Paul were are in PK it takes about 35 mins to get there from here, Balcatta is a nightmare of a drive in the morning traffic ( 2hrs in a morning into Perth 40 mins normally ).

ER
OK, that settle's it, definately Jandakot.
Old May 25th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Does someone knows how long we should wait to get an approval letter from Energy Safety?
Old May 25th 2011, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

deanc is an unknown quantity at this point

I called them and they said it takes 20 to 25 working days to process the application
Old May 25th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

It's a bit long, isn't it? 30 days for ARTC, next 25 for Energy safety
Old May 25th 2011, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

I have been told the same to get my licence after the course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $340 and a 25 day wait.

ER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.