ETL course post vetassess

Old May 29th 2011, 11:56 am
Just Joined

sparky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ETL course post vetassess

Hi all

Does anyone know if you can book the ETL course in England or do you have to be in Australia????
Old May 29th 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

sparky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=sparky1980;9395305]Hi all

Does anyone know if you can book the ETL course in England or do you have to be in Australia???? Also can you buy the reg books as well in England???
Old May 29th 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

deanc is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you can book the course if you are outside of OZ, but not too sure about the books.
Old May 30th 2011, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough

If you have your letter from Energy Saftey you can book it in the UK, the books are avaliable on the day if you e-mail Jessica at CET she may post them to the UK ( for a fee of course !! ).

ER
Old May 30th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by english reject
I have been told the same to get my licence after the course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $340 and a 25 day wait.

ER
Another 25 day wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my letter Friday(27) they took the money on the 5th, so not quite 25 days.
I rang the college this morning to check availability for the course in September and the lady said I would be eligable for public funding on my PR visa as well,so only $160 instead of $860.
Old May 30th 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paul
If you dont mind can you tell me what did you use to apply for your letter, was it a vetassess ostr or ARTC
Old May 30th 2011, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by deanc
Hi Paul
If you dont mind can you tell me what did you use to apply for your letter, was it a vetassess ostr or ARTC
Don't mind at all, it was vetassess OSTR, emailed it with all other documents they asked for.

Paul
Old May 30th 2011, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paul
Thanks for the reply, its just comforting to know that you got your letter with the ostr, cause thats how I applied aswell with the ostr
Thanks
Deanc
Old May 30th 2011, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Paul who did you speak to at the college ????, I had my Vetassess but was told I had to pay the full price !!!!! also the 4 Irish lads ( all had ARTC ) on the course all paid full price.

ER
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:01 am
Just Joined

daveash is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

22 days gone and still nothing, no voice from Energy safety

btw if someone looking for a job please PM me... I know a guy who needs a few good sparkies for domestic maintenance in Perth.

Last edited by Deyan; Jun 17th 2011 at 7:36 am.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sparky1980
Hi all

Does anyone know if you can book the ETL course in England or do you have to be in Australia????
I got confirmation today that I'm booked on the course in september at Jandakot.
But to book the course you need an oz address.I received an email stating it is college policy to not complete enrolment unless you provide an address in WA.

Paul who did you speak to at the college ????, I had my Vetassess but was told I had to pay the full price !!!!! also the 4 Irish lads ( all had ARTC ) on the course all paid full price.

ER
Can't remember who it was, it wasn't a great phone line or maybe she couldn't understand my geordie accent!!
Anyhow, she asked what visa I had and I told her I had permanent residency,she then said I would be eligible for the concession fee.
I haven't seen my credit card bill yet so they might have charged me full price, time will tell.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

wrenner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul you defo need both regs books, the other 2 are helpful because you are given a folder on day 1 with questions in and the answers are in the books. You will use the books for reference as well in your open book exam. The file you are given is basically course work that can be presented to Energy Safety if they want further proof of your competency.

ER
Hi english reject,

great info supplied!! i am sitting the E.T.L course in Balcatta in August, i have recently picked up the course books/material so that i could do some revision before i sit the course, but when i read your post saying the "open book exam" i wondered if can you could clarify this a bit more?

Are all written exams that are held open book? and by that i mean, open use of all course material (electrical trade principles and electrotechnology practice) or just the open book use of the wiring rules AS/NZS 3000:2007 only?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi Wrenner, yep its all open book, you are given other material that you can also use ( about 10 books in the 2 weeks for you to use ) in the exam. The guy who we had would ask us to read a particular book and discuss a question that may ( will ) be in the bank of multi choice questions, the questions were not that bad mate the 2nd week was easier than the 1st week.

If I can help anymore pls feel free to ask.

ER.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

wrenner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wrenner, yep its all open book, you are given other material that you can also use ( about 10 books in the 2 weeks for you to use ) in the exam. The guy who we had would ask us to read a particular book and discuss a question that may ( will ) be in the bank of multi choice questions, the questions were not that bad mate the 2nd week was easier than the 1st week.

If I can help anymore pls feel free to ask.

ER.
Hi ER,

Thanks a million for your info, thats great to know as that will take some pressure off with my revision, open book will make this pretty straight forward, i have one other question if you dont mind, is there a set practical exam? as in is it always star/delta start with a timer or can this change from course to course?

i suppose, once you get a schematic for the requested project it wouldnt make much difference... they do supply a schematic for the practical assesment dont they??

cheers,
wrenner

im actually looking forward to the course, as its not a bad thing to keep ya on your toes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.